serpentine question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serpentine question

I am looking for a serpentine kit(brackets,pulleys,ect) that will bolt to a 1st gen small block and fit into a 4th gen camaro. Does anyone know of a company that offers something like this, or a website that has information about it? I talked to March performance pulleys no luck the guy said "well no one has ever asked me that before."
    1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
    1995 Silverado-beater truck
    2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Something like this? http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=12497698
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I dont need the accesories, I just need the brackets and pulleys, and im only running power steering, water pump, and alternator no A/C. The thing is finding a setup that will fit in the car, there are lots of kits available I just need to know what will fit.

Comment

Well I believe all of the part numbers are there. I don't know.

I'm curious to know how you plan on dealing with the distributor from the SBC sticking into the cowling.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That's odd about March... they have a whole page on their website of SBC serpentine conversions:

http://www.marchperf.com/csb_serps.html
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yeah March offers a lot of serp stuff for small blocks, the tech guy just didnt know what would work in a 4th gen camaro. I may call back and see if I can talk to someone else surely someone there has delt with this before.

Jeff I am using an MSD crank trigger, and low profile distributer with a crab cap.

Comment

What "accessories" do you need to drive. If you're going to the bother of putting in a Gen 1 SBC, not likely its a street car. Do you have AC and power steering? If not, it should be simple to hook up the water pump and the alternator with some home made brackets.

The only Gen 1 SBC install I've seen in a 4th Gen used a motor plate, with the accessories (alternator, vacuum pump, blower) bolted to the plate.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Im going to be driving water pump, alternator, and power steering. I called March back and got someone else he said he thinks he could fix me up with something, I have to measure from the front of the block to the radiator to see how much space I got to work with. The thing is i just finished building the motor its mouted on a stand ready to be run in. I may just rig up a V belt with stuff i have laying around to make dyno pulls and wory about the serpentine kit after i get it in the car and can take some measurements.

Comment

Working...
                X