Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as "quiet" headers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that I am not old enough to want my car to be more quiet..........just kidding - I could not resist!
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
      I guess that I am not old enough to want my car to be more quiet..........just kidding - I could not resist!
      Now ya got my attention................ You can run, but you can't hide! Call it "the alternative to the list" LOL!

Comment

yea i guess i could understand often when im on the highway i wish it would quite down a little bit and be dead quiet that would be nice between the street noise the other cars and the fact that i cant stand my windows up if the exhaust wasnt making any noise i might not have to turn my radio up as loud
        1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

My goal was to have a car that was quiet and well mannered around town, but when you step on it it had that old muscle car sound. I achived it with chambered exhaust. Mine are 30" long and one for each side (dual exhaust) it was almost to quiet when I first got it. But I love them now.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror