Dyno/tune shop location?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno/tune shop location?

I need to find a dyno/tune shop within 60 miles of Boca Raton Fl. Anyone know of a good one, that won't break my bank?

I wish I knew one. I'm really glad you decided to do this. This will make you so happy with the car.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

dyno shops

Look in Miami I am sure there are quite a bit of them down there.
      slp longtube headers, slp y-pipe, high-flow cats, superchips programmer, slp 85mm air sensor, slp loudmouth exhaust, ws6 hood, slp cai, kn air filter, slp high-flow lid, smooth bellows, tb bypass, subframes, lca's, panhard bar, torque arm.

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112
        I need to find a dyno/tune shop within 60 miles of Boca Raton Fl. Anyone know of a good one, that won't break my bank?

Street Rods & Classics
        1552 NW First Ave.
        Boca Raton, FL 561-394-4359

googled local dynos in Boa Raton. take a look

Cartek Tuning
        (954) 474-5366
        2021 SW 70th Ave
        Davie, FL 33317

you could check then out too but it looks like they are a honda shop/ imports. Website is honda-tech.com

Breathless Performance
        (954) 925-7725
        2070 Tigertail Blvd
        Dania, FL 33004

no details

Steeda Auto
        (954) 960-0774
        2241 Hammondville Rd
        Pompano Beach, FL 33069

no details other than mustang land

They are all within 20 miles of each other. Use www.google.com/maps search local search. type in dyno and then boca raton, FL. came up with some bike shops but i mean atleast its a start for places

Comment

Hmm I dont know of any in that area of FL but I could point to a few good ones up here in Jacksonville.
          1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Thanks, the boca one I knew of, but they charge according to a rock star income. I only have 400 to spend. So I was hoping to find a cheaper place. I'll check the one in Pompano.

Comment

Originally posted by jessica2112
              Thanks, the boca one I knew of, but they charge according to a rock star income. I only have 400 to spend. So I was hoping to find a cheaper place. I'll check the one in Pompano.
              Good luck finding something cheap like that.

Up here it's like 290 for a few runs. To get your car tuned for optimum performance you're looking at spending around $500. High performance and cheap do not go together. That is why your car is weak. You can't have both. You want high performance, or you want cheap?
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I was quoted $100 for 3 pulls including software updates. I guess that is cheap.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You don't have to tell me about high performance and cheap. I just refuse to go to a dyno that is going to rip me off, because the town I live in is full of rich people and their Ferrari's, Corvettes and Porsches, and can throw money around. They charge accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                    Good luck finding something cheap like that.

Up here it's like 290 for a few runs. To get your car tuned for optimum performance you're looking at spending around $500. High performance and cheap do not go together. That is why your car is weak. You can't have both. You want high performance, or you want cheap?
                    Most places out here its $400 for a complete session, regardless of time and pulls. Shouldn't be too hard for ya to do Jess, just call around. And lemme know if you still want my old stock Z setup, I'll try and get a shipping quote before I leave on Wed.
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Some shop ya got over there steve, I'd take advantage of that place like crazy. If they'll run my car all day for $400 I'll make the trip to cali.
                      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I paid 100 for an hour on the dyno and 250 for a computer tune. Mine was relatively easy but the tuner charges a flat 250 and the dyno is 100 per hour. You should be able to get a "workable" tune for 400 - maybe not perfect but close to where it should be!
                        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Working...
                        X