Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1/4 Mile Time (Little Slow i thought) Help?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1/4 Mile Time (Little Slow i thought) Help?!

Hey guys i'm kinda new here but i took the camamro to the track last weekend. Here are the numbers followed by the mods let me know what you think.
    1998 Camaro Z28 Hardtop
    A4 18" Wheels, 285/35/Zr18 Kuhmo Tires
    R/T-.039
    60-2.016
    330-5.752
    660-8.766
    MPH-82.26
    1000-11.368
    1320-13.573
    MPH-102.38
    TransGo Shift Kit, KN filter, Free Ram Air, Borla Exhaust
    Mods to come for this friday installed already
    Remove MAF sensor screen, Mobil 1 10W-30 syn. oil, AC oil filter, MTI clear Lid
    any difference or what should i do better

Several points...... temperature, atmospheric pressure, track conditions all play a vital role in times. The same goes for the sprung and unsprung weight of the car. Removing items like the spare tire and jack, front sway bar, rear seats, etc. will help. Your 60' looks acceptable for the street, the ET is about right for a stockish automatic.... but there is much that can be done to improve. The MPH is a little low, but without knowing some other variables, difficult.

Comment

84 degrees sorry and track was good i had to trouble with tire spin really ext. won't removing rear things make it spin more because less weight in the back and what is this front bar you speak of lol to remove. humidy was 40% barameter is 29.49

Comment

= won't removing rear things make it spin more because less weight in the back and what is this front bar you speak of lol to remove. humidy was 40% barameter is 29.49
        Well, my friend..... you have a few misconceptions. Lower weight can mean you spin less. There is less resistance against the powertrain. What you want is lower overall weight, combined with more weight transfer. I'll guarantee that if you lose 300 lbs of useless weight and make no other changes, your car is gonna be alot quicker. The front swaybar is also called an anti-roll bar. It connects both lower front A-arms and ties it into the chassis. Be removing the bar, not only do you shed weight but you remove the item that reduces the front end travel. That will allow the front end to rise more, giving increased weight transfer to the rear under power.

Comment

any picture of what this looks like so i know what to remove for this weekend and will it be pretty easy to do, how does this sound for things to remove...
          ~pass seat
          ~back seat
          ~spare tire
          ~jack
          ~front anti roll bar
          anything else ?

Comment

Not really on topic here, but I never understood why people removed random things from the car just for track races. I mean, I'd like to know what my car can do at any given time like on the way to work or something.

Not what it could do if I spent 3 hours unbolting random pieces

Just my opinion though
            99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...ight+reduction

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                Not really on topic here, but I never understood why people removed random things from the car just for track races. I mean, I'd like to know what my car can do at any given time like on the way to work or something.

Not what it could do if I spent 3 hours unbolting random pieces

Just my opinion though
                Then you might have to run it on the street to see what it will do on the street because traction is a whole different animal at the track and you could have vastly different times out of the hole if you are using street tires - you might actually hook a lot better on the street if you are using street tires, cause they just grease up the track. So, while you have a valid point about tearing the back seat out and removing the spare, etc, there's more to foul it up than just removing weight. Time slips are for bragging rights, and they're not always real world - still it gives you more cred than someone that never been to the track. You aren't probably ever going to do a bunch of coordinated, organized 1/4 mi timed runs on the street, anyway, so the point's probably moot.

Comment

Working...
                X