Ridiculous!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous!!!

I went to a performance parts store the other day to buy the skip shift eliminator for my car... They evidently, didnt have it in stock, however...

The rates they are charging are through the ROOF!

The skip shift eliminator was 75 dollars, before taxes!!! I was appauled. Take in mind also, that these are Canadian prices, but even with the exchange rate, that is ludicris.

I'm also looking at purchasing a short shifter for the car, and have noticed the prices around 170 or 180 bucks USD for them... You know what this place was asking for the B&M short shifter? $350 BEFORE TAXES!!!

I almost walked out of the store, right there. Even with the taxes, exchange rate... I'd still save 100 bucks ordering from the i-net.

What does Radio Shack charge for a 2.2Kohm 1/2 watt resistor, in Canadian $'s? That will work just as well as a $Can75 Skip Shift Eliminator.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      What does Radio Shack charge for a 2.2Kohm 1/2 watt resistor, in Canadian $'s? That will work just as well as a $Can75 Skip Shift Eliminator.

I'm not sure, I'd have to look into that, and that would work??? How??

I also just recieved my credit card, today. I was going to order the one off of Tbryne's website.

Comment

You unplug the harness connector form the Skip Shift solenoid. You take the resistor and put one wire into each of the contacts in the harness connector, and tape it up. Tape up the open solenoid connection also. The "skip shift eliminator" is basically a 50-cent resistor in a plastic block, with a metri-pack connector that sticks into the harness connector, and a blank cap to put on the skip shift solenoid.

You only need the resistor if your car is 96 or newer, to prevent the SES light from coming on. 94/95 you can just pull the harness connector off, and tape it up. Sets a DTC code, but no SES light.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Couldnt ask for a better description, thanks Injuneer... perfect! I think you just saved me a few bucks! A few bucks that will go towards my shifter

Yea, I drive a 97 WS6

Comment

You can also buy the repalcement wire harness plug from GM remove the pins and wires, seal the plug and plug it into the solinoid. Just looks nicer than tape. I think I should star building these and selling them.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
            6.2L/382.97 ci
            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
            WCT-5 speed
            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
            Boss MS 18" Rims
            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
            Custom Dual exhaust
            1LE upgrade
            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
              You can also buy the repalcement wire harness plug from GM remove the pins and wires, seal the plug and plug it into the solinoid. Just looks nicer than tape. I think I should star building these and selling them.
              so..they crawl under your car at shows and cruise in's to check it out?

wgaf

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                so..they crawl under your car at shows and cruise in's to check it out?

wgaf
                HAHAHA, well lets just say I'm a perfectionist. You wont find loose or shody work anywhere on my ride, or the computers that I build either. Even if I was the only person on earth to ever see it look bad I'd still know and it would eat at me day and night till I fixed it.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                6.2L/382.97 ci
                Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                WCT-5 speed
                BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                Boss MS 18" Rims
                Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                Custom Dual exhaust
                1LE upgrade
                Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter

Could try that, not sure if I want electrical tape hanging around...

Comment

At least they didn't ask if your car was a 4 or a 6
                    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                      At least they didn't ask if your car was a 4 or a 6

Haha... Funny thing was (maybe common?) he didnt know the difference between the Firebird & Trans-AM.

He's like "I dont have anything here for a Trans-AM, just Firebirds".

I'm like "Sigh, just gimme the part"...

Parts guy "Oh, sorry... we're out of stock"...

I say "I'd say see ya later, but goodbye is much more permanent." lol ... jk

Comment

Working...
                      X