Well...sold my '96...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...sold my '96...

Well, don't quite know how I feel right now, maybe it'll hit me when I go out to the parking lot tomorrow and see it's not there. Satisfied that the person that bought it will take care of it. It's not his first. I know you all will understand when I say there's a part of me in that car...sweat, time, money over our last 5 years together...

Goodbye 'ol friend!!

Here are some final pics I took to remember her....
    Attached Files
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Sorry to that you sold it. It makes me want to ! It looks exactly like my 1997 Z28!

I mean exactly!

A person here at school wants to buy mine but I just don't know if I can part with it.

Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Lucky new owner! Looks like you took great care of her.

My wife would love for me to sell mine. I told her only a new vette will ever get her parking spot.

Sean
      1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Was that a TA shifter handle I saw? Good choice on the swap, I've always disliked that tear-drop one.

It sucks to see her go, I'm sure . I don't think I could bear seeing the Z go...and we won't even think about the GN. But, remember...now you have a new toy to play with now
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Sorry, to hear you having to part with her... I just got mine, and I couldnt imagine parting with it, even if its only been a few weeks since I got her.

And the GN? My favorite car... ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
            Was that a TA shifter handle I saw? Good choice on the swap, I've always disliked that tear-drop one.
            Yup! T-handle is sooo much cooler!!

Also, though maybe you can't see it, is the plastic cup holder attachment to actually make it usable in a turn. Looks totally stock though!

The '96 had 127,000 miles on her, and was still going strong...Although the header leaks were getting annoying, I hated to part with it, but the '99 Z28 that I got helps ease my mind.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/attachme...achmentid=1107
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
              Sorry, to hear you having to part with her... I just got mine, and I couldnt imagine parting with it, even if its only been a few weeks since I got her.

And the GN? My favorite car... ever!
              Exactly my thoughts...she leaves me when I leave the world lol

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
              Yup! T-handle is sooo much cooler!!

Also, though maybe you can't see it, is the plastic cup holder attachment to actually make it usable in a turn. Looks totally stock though!

The '96 had 127,000 miles on her, and was still going strong...I hated to part with it, but the '99 Z28 that I got helps ease my mind.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/attachme...achmentid=1107
              Hey, that's pretty sweet man. You gonna do that with the new girl?
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                Hey, that's pretty sweet man. You gonna do that with the new girl?
                I'm totally in love with the 6-speed in the '99 Z28. Love the leather shift knob. As soon as I get a solid start date on my new job I'll treat her to a Pro 5.0 shifter and maybe short stick!!
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD

Comment

Working...
                X