Here ya go Ken - 05 GTO vs WS6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here ya go Ken - 05 GTO vs WS6

Here is a couple of races between an 05 GTO and a WS6 - not sure what year but has to be 98+. I don't know the mods to the cars but they both sound stock.

http://69.57.130.234/rfvids/street_racing/GTOvsTA.wmv
    Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

0-120 in about 18 seconds...roughly. That's about stock isn't it?
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Yeah - I don't think there is any doubt these are 2 stock examples. A stock WS6 is a good match for an 05 GTO. They run very similar times - the GTOs extra power offset by weight and IRS. They both seem to run anywhere from 12.9 to 13.4 or so stock. (Unless I am the one driving the WS6 )
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

cool. thanks.

i dont drag race anymore, as most folks know.......not since my 68 SS 396 chevelle, b modified production.......which i tore the h#ll of of it drag racing......

this car is quick.... and it feels real good......

the thing i like most is the way it handles and cruises at very high speeds....just awesome..the ride is like being on a controlable cloud......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

ken please don't watch herbie fully loaded
          2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
          SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
          Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
          http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Don't worry about that bug beating the GTO, or the C5. I saw part of the filming of the movie at the NASCAR race in Fontana. The bug couldn't even keep up with the Cup cars at 55-60 mph pace speeds Was kinda funny to watch.
            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              this car is quick.... and it feels real good......

the thing i like most is the way it handles and cruises at very high speeds....just awesome..the ride is like being on a controlable cloud......

The interior in the new Goat is one of the nicest I've seen in a while.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
                ken please don't watch herbie fully loaded
                um yeah...that was a given.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                  Don't worry about that bug beating the GTO, or the C5. I saw part of the filming of the movie at the NASCAR race in Fontana. The bug couldn't even keep up with the Cup cars at 55-60 mph pace speeds Was kinda funny to watch.
                  I was very amused... haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm gonna rent it and see if I can find myself in the crowd... God I'm a loser.

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
                  1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

just like to note, the trans am had an extra 200lbs in it probably with the passenger taking the video... but it was close either way

Comment

you live in fontana ca ?
                      2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                      Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickbird
                        you live in fontana ca ?
                        No, I live in northern CA, SF Bay Area to be specific. My dad lives in Torrance and I was visiting him at the time, so I saw the race. Do you live down there?

Comment

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31082

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

No, I live in northern CA, SF Bay Area to be specific. My dad lives in Torrance and I was visiting him at the time, so I saw the race. Do you live down there?
                            i live in upland ca. about 8 miles away
                            2001 Trans Am WS6 M6

Comment

Anyone live near Fremont, CA?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Working...
                              X