Another rip off on ebay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rip off on ebay

I was just lookin at f body stuff on ebay and ran across this shyster. If you look at his auctions, he's selling the free/very cheap mods for our cars. All his info and mods are readily available for free or just a few bucks in parts on websights. He's charging 16.96 for the resister for the intake air temp sensor and instructions. 12.95 for the skip shift resistor. 8.95 for instructions on how to do the fan switch mod etc. This kind of thing ticks me off. It seems alot of people have bought his junk too. Oh well I guess there's one born every minute. If I didn't have a conscience I could make some money this way too. If you want to see what this guy is selling check out his auctions at http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sort=3&rows=50 Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

OK... I understand where you're coming from, but consider this:

SLP & others are selling these things too.... Likely more refined ... but still just the same functional thing .... for even MORE.

I don't agree with implying that the buyer is getting something that he isn't. But, hey, if the product IS as described & implied... that's entrepreneurialism. I understand that these may NOT be.

I DO think that the buyer should be getting a high quality part that he feels he received his money's worth from!

If the seller implies that the buyer is getting a complete "kit" and it is ready to install .... then they get a $.25 resistor and a paragraph telling them "where to stick it".... that's not right!

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

when you get those from SLP they have housings and things to encase the resistors/capicitors and look quite nice. He's selling a .25 piece from radioshack and some instructions. One of his "mods" is just instructions on how to do the fan switch mod. I think it's a rip off but oh well I guess it does do what it says, sort of. Although I think some of his HP numbers are BS. I mean 9 HP for the IAT resistor trick....whatever The only thing he's selling that might be worth it is his throttle body bypass kit. Although I did that one with no kit for free. Oh well I guess he's making money off of peoples lazyness or ignorance. A half an hour or so online and you can find all his mods for free....Anywhoo just an observation...........Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Well.... like I said ... or did I..??

I tend to agree with you in general principal. I doubt that the buyer is getting his "money's worth".

If I were to offer these "mods" ... they would be more than just a bare part. They would have the proper connectors & look like a part that belongs on your car.

Gordon
        www.provenperformanceconcepts.com

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I agree. If it looked good on the car, like parts from SLP and other, then it might be worth the extra money. Otherwise I think it's a little shady to call a resistor a "module" and sell it for $17. Just my thoughts on it......Later

Comment

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyPerformance.htm
            97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
            X