need help--left turn signal problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help--left turn signal problem

i replaced both front and rear drivers side bulbs, but still have no left hand turn signal. i also checked all fuses and theyre fine. when you turn on left turn signal, it lights up in the rear but doesnt flash. at the same time the front one doesnt turn on at all. but when you turn on headlights,the front bulb comes on. like i said, that front turn signal bulb was just replaced because the other one was blown-is there a switch somewhere that may need to be changed? all fuses were fine--thanks in advance
    '99 Pewter T/A A4, Suncoast Creations functional Ram Air hood, ASP Underdrive pulleys, 160 degree therm, HPP3, SLP Y-Pipe, Loudmouth, GM 3.73's, T/A rearend cover, Eibach Sportline Springs. 13.01 @ 107.97

check your sockets...make sure they are clean and dry. I had a pita problem with my signals not working and blowing...lots of condensation in the sockets.

If all of that checks out...your flasher modules are right under your kick panel on the drivers side...silver cylinders. You can't miss them...try swapping them out.

oh yeah...that might be dumb, but make sure you have two element bulbs. Granted they shouldn't fit in the first place if they are single filiments, but hey it happens.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

i'm not seeing the two cylinders under there
      '99 Pewter T/A A4, Suncoast Creations functional Ram Air hood, ASP Underdrive pulleys, 160 degree therm, HPP3, SLP Y-Pipe, Loudmouth, GM 3.73's, T/A rearend cover, Eibach Sportline Springs. 13.01 @ 107.97

Comment

Your turn signal flasher is actually a cylinder that you cannot see when you take your kick panel off at first. To the right, you will see a red connector, that's connected to the flasher. The flasher also has a little plastic bracket that clips on to the plastic piece on the right so everything stays in place. To replace a flasher, simply just pull the old one off the red connector, and put the new one in.

If you go here, you'll see a picture of what I'm trying to explain right now.
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

is there actually two of them under there? i pulled out the one thats closer to the door--the one closer to the radio is working-or is that the only one? the two look exactly tthe same--except the one that i pulled has a couple of different numbers on it

Comment

the one closest to the door is the hazard...you want to the one closest to the radio. that's your signal flasher...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

okay--i replaced flasher --the back left turn signal works, but the front one does not--when i turn on the left signal, it clicks like it is supposed to, but the front light just isnt showing--i also noticed that only the passenger side drl is working. but when i turn on all the lights , the drivers side will come on---also-when i turn on the hazards, only the passenger side lights up--do you think i may need to change the flasher for the hazards also?

Comment

Just remember that the bulbs are dual filiment and contrary to what you might think, it is possible to install it 180º reversed in the socket. Go back and re-check the bulbs.....

Comment

Working...
                X