brake question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake question

A few days ago when it was raining I hit a huge puddle and I think it messed up my brakes. When I come to a stop at slow speeds the brake pedal goes in then it kind of pops back up a little bit and the low traction light comes on. Is the master cylinder going bad or is it because it got wet? It’s been two days since the water and it still does it but I have only drove the car once so I don’t know if it dries out in time by sitting or if it has to be driven, if water is the problem.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

The water did something to the front ABS sensors or connectors ont he front wheels. Recommend you remove the connectors & spray some contact cleaner on both parts - I bet that fixes it.

Comment

Yep..... ABS sensor. Had an identical problem when the ABS sensor on my Strange 12-bolt would get out of adjustment. The sensor is producing a signal, but not a strong one. As the wheel speed goes down near "0", the ABS computer loses the signal, assumes the wheel has locked up and activates the ABS for that wheel.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

can someone tell a general location where the abs sensor is located and what it looks like?

thanks for the help

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Courtesy of: http://shbox.com/page/index.html

Backside of the hub, Connector is in the middle of the photo.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Thanks for the help. Three dollar bottle of cleaner fixed the problem a lot less then I think a shop would have charged.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
            X