lt1 to ls1 conversion???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt1 to ls1 conversion???

a friend of mine was telling me that their is a lt1 to ls1 conversion package, included is heads, cam, intake, etc., (top end only). he said slp carries it but i looked on their website and couldnt find it. i never heard of this and dont think it exists, just was wondering what he may be talking about, and if any of you out there heard of it.

Maybe that's the LT4 conversion he's talking about.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

The LT4 conversion is what he was talking about. There is no LS1 conversion. The LT4 was in the 6 speed '96 vette, and a limited number of '97 SS's and firehawks. Several companies carry the conversion package, and it can run from a few hundred dollars (for the cam only) to over $2,000 for the whole package with all neccessary gaskets, etc included. www.GMpartsdirect.com has the package too, as does Summit, SLP, and others I'm sure.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Dave and Joe are right. Just to proove your friend wrong the LS1 does not have siamese ports on the heads, has a 6 bolt main which lt1's have a 2 bolt (except the vette), no opti, is shorter and is aluminum. This is speaking of the f-body platforms. They do make a 6.0L LS1 with a cast iron block but there is no way to convert a LT1 to an LS1.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
        X