nfb:faster than theMcLaren F1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb:faster than theMcLaren F1

Wow! Just saw this car on "Top Gear" British car show. "Is this just another boring Swedish car?...NO!"

http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/index.asp?submenu=4

655bhp/550ftlb for the CC8S, 806bhp/678ftlb for the CCR!

Comparison chart results at Nardo/Prototipo for Production cars:

1. Koenigsegg CCR 388 km/h 241mph
    2. McLaren F1 372 km/h 231mph
    3. Ferrari Enzo 355 km/h 220mph
    4. Porsche Carrera GT 334 km/h 207mph
    4. McLaren Mercedes SLR 334 km/h 207mph
    5. Lamborghini Murcielago 330 km/h 205mph

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Wow! I want one. I like how it looks opened up. Whats the price tag on that?
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
      Whats the price tag on that?
      http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102363

$600,000

Just a little bit more than I have....

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

It looks like the CCR model uses over 20 pounds of boost, and has dual "blowers" if I read it right
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Just wait until Bugatti comes out with their beast. If i remember correctly, it's supposed to travel the 0-60 in 2.9 seconds
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

This sure beats the lambo doors!
            1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

It sure uses a lot of oil. Over 2 gallons? Would still buy it if i could, of course.
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I think a dry sump system usually needs a lot of oil.

The thing I would question the most is their lateral G force claims. It claims 1.3. I highly doubt that from a car with non-slick tires. If I recall correctly, the C5R was very similar, around 1.4. That uses HUGE slicks, and weighs a bit less. Those itty bity 255s on front and 335s on the rear will not come close to the grip of the C5R's slicks. So that makes me wonder how they did their testing
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                  I think a dry sump system usually needs a lot of oil.

The thing I would question the most is their lateral G force claims. It claims 1.3. I highly doubt that from a car with non-slick tires. If I recall correctly, the C5R was very similar, around 1.4. That uses HUGE slicks, and weighs a bit less. Those itty bity 255s on front and 335s on the rear will not come close to the grip of the C5R's slicks. So that makes me wonder how they did their testing

Ummm.... It only weighs 2600lbs....

**EDIT**

Hmmm the C5R only weighed 2500... I think your are on to summin Craig.
                  1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

It's not all about the size of the tire, and the static weight of the car, lots of downforce at work here.

"Due to new airflow paths designed into the CCR bodywork, particularly behind the cockpit, sheer downforce—and a more pronounced Venturi effect provided fore and aft by new diffusers—means a rear wing is unnecessary."

Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

You're right, downforce has a lot to do with it, but don't forget about the C5R's downforce. I highly, highly doubt it can produce a number even close to the C5R, which is bred for road racing. Every race car driver, from Trans Am, or from NASCAR, has said the amount of downforce the C5R produces is tremendous. Way more than the 1600 lbs produced by a Cup car, and the much more by a Trans Am car. Also, if the lateral G's are tested as normal on a skidpad, downforce does not come much into play. They're speeds aren't that high, and are just running in a "small" circle. Popular Mechanics tested a 2002 Monte Carlo Cup car at 1.12 G's in the skidpad. However, in flat ovals, they can pull up to 2 Gs. So we can see how much downforce comes into play at high speeds here. That's why I'm wondering how they measured the lateral G's. Is it the maximum G's it can ever produce at a high speed? Or is it like most normal tests, on a skidpad testing the average amount of G's in both directions?

Comment

Working...
                      X