engine code..need pointers in solving problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine code..need pointers in solving problem

just got the car running tonight after the rebuild and header install. only ran into one problem i threw a check engine light. scanned the code and threw a number 16 ignition impulse code i wondered if anyone would have any suggestions what to check for the code. i am gonna go over it tommorow but i wanted to see if i could get a starting point. would make it much easier any suggestions would help
    1995 Firebird Formula M6, hooker long-tube ceramic coated headers, tb bypass, 160 thermostat, b&m ripper shifter

16 is a low resolution code from the optispark. If it is running, it must be a stored and not active code. The engine would not run if it were active. Reset your computer and see if it comes back. It might have been a result from your work (like if you tried to start the car without the opti plugged in). Or it might be intermittent.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

thanks for the help i didn't start the car without the opti plugged in it started fine first try and i havent had any trouble with it running it just threw that code thanks for the help
      1995 Firebird Formula M6, hooker long-tube ceramic coated headers, tb bypass, 160 thermostat, b&m ripper shifter

Comment

Working...
      X