Zaino question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaino question

I have washed the car, clay bared it, washed it again both with detergent soap. Next I use Z1 right. Then I'm unclear. The tips and tricks has a lot of "or"s in it. The car has lots of swirl marks in it. So do I go Z5, Z6, repeat Z5 then Z6 till swirls are gone then Z2, Z2, Z2, Z6? Whew. I'm sweating thining about it.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Did you get the ZFX? If so, the Z1 isn't needed. If not, put the Z1 on and put a coat of Z5 right on top of it, then buff both off, throw some Z6 on top of that and hit it again with the Z5.

What I do:
    After washing and drying...
    Z5, Z6, Z2, Z6

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

It has been a while since I have used Z1, but when I used it, you let it dry to a haze (do not wipe off) and apply Z5 over the Z1. Once this dries, wipe off and wait 24 hours before applying another coat of Z5. If you want to do multiple coats the same day, get the ZFX and use according to directions instead of the Z1.

Continue with the Z5 applications until you are satisfied with the swirl removal and then you have the option of going with the Z2, or continuing with the Z5.

Most importantly, apply very sparingly, creating a very thin coat. Spray Z6 on your application cloth to improve the application.

As far as the Z6, it is a gloss enhancer.....you can apply after each coat of Z5 or Z2 or if doing multiple coats, apply after the last coat of the day. I also use Z6 for a quick cleanup to remove bugs from the car's nose/side mirrors, etc. if I am unable to wash the car.

Wolfman is the resident expert, so if he advises anything differently, go with his advice.

Hope this helps.
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

If you have heavy swirls, you may need several coats of Z5. Perhaps as many as 5. Then switch to the Z2.

Comment

Using the ZFX will also help the Z-5 fill in the swirls better, along with being able to do back to back coats. Keep using the Z-5 until the swirls are filled. Make sure you aren't constantly putting in new ones.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
          KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

Working...
          X