Need some help with decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with decision

I found a guy that does incredible custom body work and contacted him about installing t tops. He said it would be a breeze for him and it would look like it was factory. I have heard there an easy job, and I hvae found a junk yard with all the parts I need. So do you uys think its worth it, i love the look of the coupe but the t tops are so one of a kind. should i do it or not?
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Make sure this guy KNOWS what he is doing, anytime someone messes with the structual integrity of a vehicle...that makes me nervous. There are times when I wish I had T-Tops, but I know that the hard top is more strucually sound, so I keep it.

If you do plan on having T-Tops cut in, you may want to look into some type of extra support for the chasis, like subframe connectors...

JMHO

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

maybe try and get in touch with someone who he has done the work for, or see photos of before after etc. just to see how it would hold up, or how satisfied his customers are, but if you do have that done some SFC's would be an excellent idea to increase the solidarity of the body.
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Yea, I was always leaning toward keeping the hard top. Im just going to leave it the way it is. Like you said about making sure the guy knows what he's doing, I totally agree I would have made sure he knew everything before I let him touch. Well, I have decided not to, instead im looking at the ultra-z hood. Again, thanks for the advice!
        1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

The job isn't bad at all. I think it's the best mod I have done to my car. The car is built for them.

Check put my pictures...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ggj1028
          2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
          1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
          2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
          2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
          2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
          X