Easy body mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy body mods

Does anyone know where to get aluminum racing style gas doors for a Firebird? How about euro style tailights, or anything other than stock?

Thanks.

Binksman
    94 Firebird Trans Am

Not a lot of people on this site that are into the "import" appearance mods. "Search" the "Appearance" forum at camaroz28.com. I've seen a couple threads where they tell you how to take the red inner liner out of the Firebird tail lights, leaving them clear and requiring red bulbs. And there are a few threads on using the aluminum gas door from an Eclipse.... but I think that's mostly for the Camaro... might also work on the Firebird.

Fortunately, most people have not found it profitable to manufacture many of these things.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I completely agree with Injuneer however, I must quote Wolfman: "Ricey."
      Darrin C
      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

why do u wanna ruin a good car? american cars shouldnt have all these "ricer" treatments done to them, they good enough stock. see the post bout the 3rd gen maro on ebay.

http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12536
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Binksman
          Does anyone know where to get aluminum racing style gas doors for a Firebird? How about euro style tailights, or anything other than stock?

Thanks.

Binksman
          94 Firebird Trans Am
          You can get a late model Eclipse fuel door on Ebay for under $100 - it's a very good fit with respect to the diameter, but not a perfect fit to the curvature, and there's no metal to bolt it to, so you need to improvise. It is a fairly cheap cast aluminum part with a brushed aluminum finish which looks better polished. I like this mod; however, IMHO Euro taillights are a fad and look just awful, like cheap costume jewelry. The gas door is also controversial, but if you decide to take it off later, you can always put the original painted one back on there and no one would be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Fuel door thread:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...t=eclipse+fuel

Taillight thread:

http://www.boomspeed.com/bharnz/gas2

(you may need to copy and past the photo link - its Geocities).
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I saw that wings west kit, it looks pretty cool, other then that... I dont see how anyone could be less than content with the way the TA's look. Use your money for performance mawds :P

Comment

Thanks for the replies, links, and pics for the light mods and especially the gas door. My questions are based on the need for repair, not the desire to customize. I appreciate the help.

Comment

There are other ways to improve the rear view of a 4th Gen

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                    why do u wanna ruin a good car? american cars shouldnt have all these "ricer" treatments done to them, they good enough stock. see the post bout the 3rd gen maro on ebay.

http://f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12536
                    I guess i missed that one. Wow. Dont even know what to say.
                    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                      There are other ways to improve the rear view of a 4th Gen

Now you're talkin!
                      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

I must say I dont find the gas door mod "Ricey", but It must be done to the right car and color. I really dont mind that camaro with the door in the pic. Many high end cars come with them.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                        6.2L/382.97 ci
                        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                        WCT-5 speed
                        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                        Boss MS 18" Rims
                        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                        Custom Dual exhaust
                        1LE upgrade
                        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror