Funny thing happened on the way to work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny thing happened on the way to work

I took the T/A to work today, was minding my own business.... traffic was light. I slow down and come to a stop at one of the red lights on the outskirts of town. Of course nobody is around, and I mean nobody in sight. The light is taking forever but I sit tight and wait for it to turn green. It changes and I no sooner start across the intersection and I see a Highway Patrol Camaro half hidden behind these bushes. Immediatly he pulls out behind me and starts following. Well, I know that I'm not doing anything wrong but am still a hair nervous as to why he would choose to pull out behind me. I get up to speed but have to slow again as the light ahead of me turns red. I come to a stop and the highway patrol pulls next to me and motions me to roll down the window. I think "WTF?"

I roll it down and he proceeds to say: " I was willing to bet money that you were going to drive though that red light, I've nailed 7 so far this morning. That's one hell of a nice T/A.... what has been done to it?" I tell him it has most of the bolt on stuff, but the motor is still internally stock. He then tells me that it sounds great, he wishes he could modify the patrol camaro that way.... it would make things more interesting. He then says "well, I've got to haul *ss, my shift is over and I'm outa here. Take it easy and have a great 4th!", he turns at the light and cruises off. It's nice to see a fellow f-body enthusiast regardless if in uniform or not. I'm really glad I fought the temptation to drive though that light though. Of couse when the light turned green I hit it..... just for a couple of gears.... he was long gone by then.

I have learned to have patience with long lights as well. These days with my luck it would almost be impossible for me not to be seen by the cop hiding in the bushes. It was nice to hear about a fellow f-body enthusiast. Especially since he was driving one as well. Happy 4th to everybody!
    slp longtube headers, slp y-pipe, high-flow cats, superchips programmer, slp 85mm air sensor, slp loudmouth exhaust, ws6 hood, slp cai, kn air filter, slp high-flow lid, smooth bellows, tb bypass, subframes, lca's, panhard bar, torque arm.

Comment

I bet if he pulled you over he'd bs with you about your car and let you go.

Happened to me in my conquest. Cop pulled me over, and he knew my car and we got to talking about his 2nd gen Eclipse GSX and what we had done. Fellow Mitsu owner. He let me go.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
      X