lowering cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering cars

iight im gonna be gettin a set of brand new sportline springs for a steal. the box hasnt been open guy sold the car a week after he bought the springs. i was wondering besides the panhand rod and LCA relocation brackets what i would need and what is the best for the money. also i heard that the bolt in relocation brackets arent safe and weld in is the only way is this true? i dont plane on making any serious hp wit this car. would bolt in be just fine? also where can i find camber plates
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Yep, you're right. All you really need are the LCA relocation brackets and an adjustable panhard bar. I've seen some debates on bolt-in versus weld-in, and it seems like the bolt-in kind works just fine on a street-driven car, and the weld-in is for street-strip or full strip cars. Even with that said, I would personally weld them in. The bolt-in LCARB usually cost more than the weld-in ones, and once you get them welded, the cost ends up being pretty much the same. I think it mostly comes down to preference.

I like Spohn suspension products, but there a tons of companies that make 82-02 suspension pieces. This is the lowest price on LCARBs I've seen so far, but they are weld-in:
    http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1290

As for the adjustable panhard bar, I just checked, and BMR, Hotchkiss, UMI, and Spohn, all are good companies and sell them for pretty much the same price, $130.

And, once you get the Sportlines on, I'd love to hear what you think of them. I'm going to be lowering my car in the distant future, and I'm having a heck of time trying to decide between the Sportlines or the Pro-kit.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12561

Comment

Well here's the deal with me, I like the look of most 1"-2" drop springs on 4th gen's but I don't know how good it would look on my 92. I have 17's and they fill up the space good without any drop. I absolutely do not want the car to look low rider-ish like I got air bags or something, but I know that the added coils and feel and hug of the car would be awesome. **Heads UP** For whatever reason it seems that everyone gives their attention (and money) to either Eibach Pro's or Sportline's but I never hear any talk on Hotchkis springs? They are clearly a quality suspension company, and with lowering springs going less than Eibach's I would expect more customer feedback. If I went with new springs they would definelty be 1" Hotchkis. Still can't decide.

1992 RS 25TH Anniversary (with Heritage package) A4 305 TBI (L03), Mobile 1 Synthetic, Flowmaster 80 Series Cat-Back, 17"x 8" Cragar style rims(painted grey)/Hankook Ventus 245/45Z17....350 Coming One Day......

Comment

im gettin the sportlines for 100$ shipped to my door(or ill just have my cuzin get them for me, as hes down the road from the kid)
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
          X