We humans are sick sick people...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We humans are sick sick people...

When you feel the need to beat a dog who wants nothing more than to be loved. Graphic pics, but a strong message that I'm sure Ken knows well.

DOGS ARE NOT BORN MEAN!!!

http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/
    96 T/A - Heavily Modded
    87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

My pit is not mean at all, unless a bigger dog shows up while we are outside. He ran up to a Rottweiler once, and although the Rott was about 1/3 bigger than he was, he bowed up on him and the Rott backed down! I thought for sure I was gonna have to kill that Rott, and I was strapped, but seeing him bow his head down, tuck his tail, and turn around was something I wished I had the video camera out for.

The only downsides to my pit is that he "marks" everything that's not grass, and he likes to jump. We've almost got the jumping under control, but if you put anything over the fence, he instantly "marks" it. But the upsides far outweight it. He points, he hunts, he retrieves, he doesn't bark, and he eats anything you put out there. So I'll live with the endless bladder and the jumping.

Oh yeah, and he kills cats. My theory on that is if your cat is in my backyard, he's free game. And nothing gets in the backyard and makes it out alive. He's caught opossums, rabbits, birds, squirrels, raccoons, and one of the two cats that consistently crawled on my car. The other one doesn't come around anymore. Guess he got the memo
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

oh yes, i could tell plenty of horror stories.

we are rehabing a high content wolfdog down in fla. right now, owner beath him with a shovel...........in the head.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Something has to be said for third world justice. Some of those countries use the "eye for an eye" justice system. That owner should also be beat down with a shovel. Sickening.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Man... I'm no wuss but I have to say that video brought a tear to my eye. Our family just got a pit/rott pup...(I call her a "pirate" instead of a pit/rott) Seems to be a good pup, too. Still a little nervous about her biting my 11 month old son...All she does now is lick him But I have heard they are "vicious" by nature.
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

In most cases, dogs are only as aggressive as they are trained to be. Probably not in all cases, but Ken would know more about that than I.
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
              In most cases, dogs are only as aggressive as they are trained to be. Probably not in all cases, but Ken would know more about that than I.
              you are absolutely right.

in some cases though, just like people, some "bad apples" come out of the basket...and there's nothing you can do. its not breed specific either...any breed can have one.... poodles, cockers, dobies, you name it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                you are absolutely right.

in some cases though, just like people, some "bad apples" come out of the basket...and there's nothing you can do. its not breed specific either...any breed can have one.... poodles, cockers, dobies, you name it.
                Case in point - When I was growing up, our neighbor had a Golden Retriever. He treated it as his best friend. Had it since it was a pup. For some reason, that was the most aggressive dog in the neighborhood. Just one of those rare instances.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

It is terrible what some people will do to animals in general, or to each other. I have a real serious problem with someone who would hurt a child.

On to animals. I know that people want to defend their dog to the bitter end regardless of the animals breed characteristics. Personally, I love German Shepherds...my childhood shepherd saved my life(literally)...I would have been seriously maimed or dead if it wasn't for her. Currently, my one year old 100lbs shepherd male (Kodiak) is the sweetest dog you would ever know; I spend at least an 1hr every day with him in my lap petting and scratching him and playing. However, that doesn't mean that all German Shepherds are born good. There are some pretty badly bred GSDs out there with bad nerves and bad attitudes with loving owners. Some people give the dog all the love in the world, but it still has problems. You can easily tell by how skittish they are in front of people, sounds, etc at about 3 months of age. These dogs should be put down. My dog, Kodiak, has nerves of steal, but not all of them. The big difference is that they are more of a responsibility and liability. A grown GSD intact male can do a lot of damage. As an owner of them, I need to be mindful of that. Regardless of how great he is, I won't let him be with my 4yr old without me present. He is a great dog, a great animal, but in the end he is still just an animal. The same thing will apply when I pick up my female GSD Sunday.

I do take exception to dog lovers who deny their dog's animal instinctive behavior. A pit bull who was bred for attack, low tolerance, and a jaw to bring down a cow by his nose, is a dangerous animal especially if they have the opportunity to hunt in packs. I am not saying that they should be banned or anything like that. However(!), there is a heck of a lot of responsibility associated with having one, or any dog that has the potential to do great harm especially to children. Just by bringing up Kodiak, I learned really fast that not everybody can handle this dog. It takes a special kind of person with a dominant but nurturing hand to handle a dog like Kodiak. There are a lot of breeds in this category.

In summary, I think somebody who leaves a Pit Bull with unsupervised access to a child is flirting with disaster. Additionally, I think somebody who leaves any possibility for a Pit Bull's possible escape or hunting is also flirting with disaster. A dog from a breed that was bred for low tolerance can snap at any time regardless of how loving they are.

It is really bad that some people mistreat animals, and this obviously leads to bad behavior. But, it is not all in the hands of the owner. People, need to put their personal feelings aside and look at the animals for what they are.
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have a friend who has a rottweiler, they dont have a good name here in Canada. It is one of the most friendly loving dogs on earth. "most" dog are taught to be mean. I belive its all in how you raise them. I have a dog who when I got it, was not exactly friendly to people. Didnt like to be touched and handled. It has since grown up to be one of the best dogs I have ever owned and plays with my brothers daughter all the time. It loves kids. Always wants to be around me and my wife all the time. It is a huge difference from when it was a puppy. Not all dogs who seem mean when growing up are bad.
                    You can easily tell by how skittish they are in front of people, sounds, etc at about 3 months of age. These dogs should be put down.
                    The dog I have is a mixed breed. Half husky, one quarter jack russle and one quarter Boxer. The other is half miniature alaskan(Alaskan Klee Kai), black lab.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                    6.2L/382.97 ci
                    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                    WCT-5 speed
                    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                    Boss MS 18" Rims
                    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                    Custom Dual exhaust
                    1LE upgrade
                    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Mark, I also have a 120lb 5 year old GSD and you hit the nail on the head. Even the best training/environment from day one will not necessarily make for a "good or predictable" dog. All dogs this Large have to be handled very carefully, because you just never know what they might do or go after. My shep is great around people/strangers as long as they belong in the house, but unfortunately even at only 16 weeks old all he wanted to do is fight other dogs. Thought I was doing him a favor by getting him away from his breeder, because the Rotti's & GSD's living there were basically fighting amongst each other. Pretty bad condition for any Dog to grow up in, but at the time I didn't know any better.

With that being said I've have a couple of opportunities to adopt another Large dog and even after meeting at a neutral site several times it just would never work. Really very disappointing, just have to be very alert for other dogs while outside.

So, you just never really know what type of dog you are getting, a poodle could be raised in the manner with the same outcome. My GSD is extremely dog aggressive from improper initial raising and genes more than likely. More than likely his aggression is probably more fear of other dogs rather than wanting to attack.

Later

Comment

that makes me sick. I know a guy that raises pit bulls. He has 4 right now, and they just had a litter. He takes good care of them. They're very well behaved. I was shocked at how good they were. Very nice, not mean at all. They're very well trained by him. They are just so smart... He gave a pit to my friend and one to his neighbor. The neighbor wasn't taking care of the dog and he came and took it back... He litteraly just walked over to the house and took the dog. Thank god. People suck man.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Based on everyone's replies I am not going to watch the video, have a hard enough time reading about stories like this.

I don't take pride in posting this link, but this happened a few miles from my house.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/database/de...p?case_id=3618

Eric 1997 LT4 SS #093 of 106

Comment

my sis has a dog named &quot;mackenzie&quot;

it is 95% mackenzie wolf and 5% malmute ans it is the sweetest thing ever--sleeps in her bed and rides in the back of her car wherever she goes and loves every animal it sees
                            2005 gto red/red 6 spd bought 1/06 541 miles on the odometer now 1999 t/a sold 1/06 1994 b4c police pkg camaro sold in 2001 www.msnusers/com/richards99transam

Comment

Working...
                            X