NFB: Got the bike home Sunday night.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Got the bike home Sunday night.

I don't know if you saw my thread earlier, but I just bought a new bike. It is a 2000 Ninja ZX-12 factory unlimited version. It has a Power Commander III, Muzzy titanium/carbon fiber exhaust, larger rotors, lots of titanium bolts and carbon fiber to lighten the bike, and lots of other goodies.

It was pretty cool, because the guy that I bought the bike from turned out to be the guy who heads up the engine shop over at Rousch! We talked for a long time! We agreed to stay in touch as he was a really nice guy.

Well, the bike was built right and on a conservative tune it put 184 HP to the tire. He told me that with a more aggressive map, it could easily put down around 210-220. According to their tests, these ZX-12's give up about 16% through the drivetrain so at 430lbs you do the math! Right now it is just fast enough for me. So I think I will leave it alone for now. Once my leathers come in, I might try a more aggressive map at the track.

This is a picture he took, but this is the bike. I took some pics yesterday, so i will post them later. Pictures just don't do this bike justice. That green is so much more impressive in person!

Very knarly. Would you mind sharing what it cost and what insurance is for it? It is a new bike, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
      Very knarly. Would you mind sharing what it cost and what insurance is for it? It is a new bike, right?
      Well new to me. It is a 2000 but it only has 3800 miles on it. It is cherry! I haven't called to get an insurance quote yet. I'm scared. Not really, I have a friend who runs an Allstate here so he will probably give me a pretty good rate, but neverthless I'll let you know.

WOT through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are pure insanity! And I love it.

Comment

Be careful man. Just looking at that and reading what you wrote about it makes me scared of it! Sweet looking bike. I am 20 Y/O living in MI, and I pay 35/month for mine. Yeah, it's a 600, but you're grown man, it shouldn't be too bad for you.

Shweet
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          Well new to me. It is a 2000 but it only has 3800 miles on it. It is cherry! I haven't called to get an insurance quote yet. I'm scared. Not really, I have a friend who runs an Allstate here so he will probably give me a pretty good rate, but neverthless I'll let you know.

WOT through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are pure insanity! And I love it.
          That's a beautiful bike, kev - I'm very envious of it

Comment

How old are you? Not that it really matters, because with Allstate, you better get ready for about $6,000 a year for full coverage. I did not stutter, $6,000. And that's with safe driver discounts, over 25, blah blah blah. That's what I had to pay until I found State Farm. State Farm is the only national insurer that goes by cc's and not the style of bike. Allstate, Geico, Progressive, and Alfa all see that bike as a "sportbike", defined as "when seated, your shoulders are in front of your hips". Allstate was 6g's, Geico was 7g's, Progressive was 7g's and it has to be in a garage, and Alfa won't even insure anything bigger than a 600. My bike is an 1100, and with State Farm I pay less than $40 a month for full coverage. Everybody elses LIABILITY was higher than that.
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
              How old are you? Not that it really matters, because with Allstate, you better get ready for about $6,000 a year for full coverage. I did not stutter, $6,000. And that's with safe driver discounts, over 25, blah blah blah. That's what I had to pay until I found State Farm. State Farm is the only national insurer that goes by cc's and not the style of bike. Allstate, Geico, Progressive, and Alfa all see that bike as a "sportbike", defined as "when seated, your shoulders are in front of your hips". Allstate was 6g's, Geico was 7g's, Progressive was 7g's and it has to be in a garage, and Alfa won't even insure anything bigger than a 600. My bike is an 1100, and with State Farm I pay less than $40 a month for full coverage. Everybody elses LIABILITY was higher than that.
              All state had me hooked up pretty decent. 90/month. And like I said I'm a 20 y/o male living in MI. Progressive wanted 3000 every 6 months, so yeah, 6 grand a year. But All State was decent... You have to talk to an actual agent, not the 1800 number. I was going to go with all state because they were so much cheaper than everyone else, but then I Found state farm.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! I will do some calling around and see what the deal is. I think I heard someone else here say that Allstate might not be the best alternative. I am 31 MN6WS6. Hopefully, it won't be too outrageous.

I downloaded the PC III software and played with a couple of different pre-configured maps. I also upped the mid and hi range fuel delivery a little just to see what it would do. I went out on this really wide, long straight, back road, and hammered it from about a 20 roll. "Holy sh!t" was the first thought in my head as the bike was at about a 50° angle all the way through 3rd! Ok, maybe that was a little much for now I thought. But damn that got my heart pumping. I can't explain it but your brain is saying "WTF are you doing! STOP!, but your gut says "Dude! Keep it hammered!" Kind of a cool feeling. I've been riding bikes off and on all my life so this ain't my first rodeo, but I have to say this bike is the boss.

I'll start playing with my own custom maps since the compression ratio is slightly higher than stock. The previous owner said it was right at 11.7:1. I will play with the fuel and timing curves tomorrow.

Comment

Here are some more of the goodies. I have to get the cam specs and valve sizes still.

1. Titanium brake rotor bolts
                  2. Goodridge braided brake lines
                  3. Metzler M1 Sportec Tires
                  4. Tail light intragration kit
                  5. Targa undertail kit-modified
                  6. 2003 seat (extra ½” taller)
                  7. Carbon fiber ram air covers, suel tank, ash tray, chain guard/splash shield, header bracket & mirrors.
                  8. “Muzzy” steering stabilizer
                  9. Dark windshield
                  10. -1 tooth countershaft sprocket
                  11. Sprocket Specialties aluminum rear sprocket
                  12. Custome lightweight rear brake rotor
                  13. Lightened rear brake bracket
                  14. “Muzzy” Titanium/Carbon header
                  15. Dyno Jet Power Commander III with custom map
                  16. K&N Airfilters
                  17. Bear Industries billet aluminum velocity stacks
                  18. “Muzzy” adjustable timing advancer
                  19. “Muzzy” aluminum engine fan
                  20. Billet manual cam chain adjuster
                  21. Flat aluminum air box inspection covers
                  22. “Muzzy” air injector block offs

Comment

Like I said, it's a bigger difference from 600 cc's to 1100 or 1200 like me and this guy, respectively. And my 6g's a year WAS talking to an agent, with all the discounts I could get. He even called 3 times to make sure that was right after checking the computer 3 times. State Farm is the way to go, trust me. And full coverage on a sportbike for $40 a month is unbeatable.
                    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Man do they stick it to you guys for insurance down there. Full coverage for my GSXR 1000 was $1300.00 a year when I was 20. wonder why it so much more in the US????

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                      6.2L/382.97 ci
                      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                      WCT-5 speed
                      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                      Boss MS 18" Rims
                      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                      Custom Dual exhaust
                      1LE upgrade
                      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

just got my bike on the road the other day.

2003 CBR 600RR
                        3,600 miles
                        Rider insurance in Jersey....153 a year lol, can't beat it and there aren't many others that do bike insurance.

Has a pipe already on it, other than that stock.
                        All black with a lil silver on the bottom fairing, black chrome helmet
                        picked it up for 5,200 and not a scratch on her.
                        Bringing her into work this morn

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
                        lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Comment

Dayum..... that's gotta have one heck of a top end charge.

Comment

Congrats, Kevin. Keep safe and have fun with her.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                              Dayum..... that's gotta have one heck of a top end charge.
                              You have no idea!! The only drawback I have seen so far is that it tends to get a little hot when you ride it hard. Once the fans come on it cools right back down pretty quickly, but I'd rather it not get so hot so quickly. I guess 100+ Texas heat is not a bike's best friend. Maybe time for a better cooling setup.

MN6WS6, I'll make sure State Farm is on my list of calls to make.

Comment

Working...
                              X