NFB... Any surfers here???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB... Any surfers here???

I was just curious if we had anybody here that enjoys going down to the beach and catching a good set of waves. I started surfing a little over a year ago and am forever hooked. I have wakeboarded since 2002 so between the two watersports I spend most of my freetime in the water if possible. Even though I live on the east coast where the ocean is like a lake for most of the year I still get a few good swells every now and then.

Supposedly this is gonna be a good year for tropical storms and hurricanes so hopefully they will stay offshore and provide us wit some big waves!
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

surfed for 38 years my friend.

home of record is Hawaii. glassed boards for Hobie Alter before he became a millionaire in the late 60's......rode all the stuff on Oahu..including the pipeline and waimea.........

took my board with me when I got drafted, i ran down and joined the AF. managed to get it to Okinawa where our home team was based...rode there, rode in Guam, Nam, and then got stationed stateside.......rode the east coast then, got involved with easter Surfing Association, surfed competition in the late 70's in the senior mens division (LOL) they considered 30 years old senior...LOL

couldnt get much of a wave fix here in the east, till one late summer, early fall, when me and a bud did some hurricane wave chasing... we started in SC....surfing the incomming waves from a large hurricane (cant remember the name of it), this was right around 1980.... we kept traveling north, next was cape hatteras, then va beach, then ocean city.... then the storm came on top us, so we back tracked back down the same path, catching the nice clean leftover waves from the storm..it was awesome.

last time i surfed was in fla. in 1999 now, with my buddy jimbo whos my age, and has two f bodies..........

still have my Channin in the basement.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I grew up in Hawaii so yeah, I surfed. ??Can you live there and not surf???Live in NC now and it just isn't the same here... Don't get to the beach that often either...90 miles...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

NFB... Any surfers here???

Just the internet.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

did you see this? talk about guts.........

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/perfectwave.html

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
            I grew up in Hawaii so yeah, I surfed. ??Can you live there and not surf???Live in NC now and it just isn't the same here... Don't get to the beach that often either...90 miles...
            i've had some pretty good fun days at Atlantic Beach and Emerald Island in the fall....some neat waves.. also witnessed a shark attack at Bouges Inlet too

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              Just the internet.
              hahaha...that's what I was thinking.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Fellow surfer/sponger here!

I live in CT, but was born in NC. Surfed/bodyboarded in RI, NY, NJ, MD, VA, NC, SC, FL, and Barbados (Soup Bowl).

My favorite is Cape Hatteras NC all the way (That would probably change if I went to HI ) I tune into the weather channel EVERY day to check the tropical storm update, and I head to the water everytime there's one. If you do that it's easy to find 10' waves on the East Coast!

I'll be in Frisco NC in 16 days for a week.. I'm PRAYING for some Atlantic activity... I want the bigguns.

Wolfman - that's an insane video
                99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

i surf whenever i get the chance we have a shore home in va i have 6'9" in Spectrum and Rusty

i just started wakeboarding this summer and only got to go out twice so far as much as id like to go out we dont have a skiboat anymore we just have my dads grady white which he hates to pull me in since its an offshore boat and the launch burns to much gas for the fun he has driving all day lol

but our 21' sunk due to bilge problem i do believe and never really got fixed so its still sitting in a driveway

and then i have my 10' inflatable fiberglass bottom boat that cant handle pulling anyone
                  but we might sell that and try and convince my dad to get me and my brothers a wakeboarding / kneeboarding / skiing boat instead so he doesnt have to use his boat

like a boat from www.supraboats.com or a malibu
                  1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                    did you see this? talk about guts.........

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/perfectwave.html

LMFAO I love that video!!!! Not sure if you know it but it is from a powerade commercial.
                    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

surfed for 38 years my friend.

home of record is Hawaii. glassed boards for Hobie Alter before he became a millionaire in the late 60's......rode all the stuff on Oahu..including the pipeline and waimea.........

took my board with me when I got drafted, i ran down and joined the AF. managed to get it to Okinawa where our home team was based...rode there, rode in Guam, Nam, and then got stationed stateside.......rode the east coast then, got involved with easter Surfing Association, surfed competition in the late 70's in the senior mens division (LOL) they considered 30 years old senior...LOL

couldnt get much of a wave fix here in the east, till one late summer, early fall, when me and a bud did some hurricane wave chasing... we started in SC....surfing the incomming waves from a large hurricane (cant remember the name of it), this was right around 1980.... we kept traveling north, next was cape hatteras, then va beach, then ocean city.... then the storm came on top us, so we back tracked back down the same path, catching the nice clean leftover waves from the storm..it was awesome.

last time i surfed was in fla. in 1999 now, with my buddy jimbo whos my age, and has two f bodies..........

still have my Channin in the basement.........

Wow Ken you must have some really great stories to tell! I would love to surf in Hawaii but I don't think I am at the level just yet to surf the pipeline.
                      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Been surfin off and on for about 5 years now... But I dont get a chance too often now since i sold my board right before i left for the army. Wish I hadn't!! I miss my CI board (Al Merrick is my hero! The best board i have ever ridden). Although I did get to surf Charley last year. Talk about a F***in rush!!!! I will be buying a new board before the end of the month and start chasing the hurricanes comin through.

I will say that the only places I have surfed is FL (both coasts and a small spot in the keys that I don't want to give away cuz no one knows about it), GA, and myrtle. I can't wait till I get the chance to surf Hawaii!! I need to due that before I die...

I love surfing and the whole way of life it promotes... Hell I started playing guitar because of surfing.

later bro's!!!
                        86 Firebird, Just a lowly 6 banger, sold
                        Plans for an '02 WS6 are in the mix for 2008 (after I'm out of the army)

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
                          Wow Ken you must have some really great stories to tell! I would love to surf in Hawaii but I don't think I am at the level just yet to surf the pipeline.
                          and some nasty scars that go with em. one in particular on my right leg below the knee, where i hit the bottom at the pipe and a piece of live coral went to the bone.......

been bit by a moray eel, been attacked but not biten by a tiger eel, played in the water with pilot whales, sat on my board and watched an 11 foot tiger shark cruise the reef below me, wiped out on a 20 footer at Waimea (have it on super 8mm film at home ), got my trunks ripped off body surfing at Makapo beach and had to walk out of the water in front of over 100 people...........buck naked......

yes..........it was the life....... the best part of my life ....... i tried my best to continue it....but along came marriage, kids, divorce, job relocations, you know the drill.........

i'll go to the grave wondering what would have happend had i not gotten a draft notice in 1966 while living in a quansit (sp) hut with 6 other guys near Sunset Beach......i ran down and joined the AF.........

dahhm.

Comment

i'll go to the grave wondering what would have happend had i not gotten a draft notice in 1996 while living in a quansit (sp) hut with 6 other guys near Sunset Beach......i ran down and joined the AF.........

dahhm.
                            Things have a funny way of working out. You seem to have it all together, Ken. Good job, nice cars, nice home, and that's aside from all the things you do for the wolfdogs. Hell... I wonder what it would be like if I went back for a second try-out for the Albany River Rats minor league hockey club. I was invited, but didn't want to deal with being turned down, which I still think I would have been. Either way, I'm living in a good neighborhood, and have a nice family. I can't complain.
                            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                              Things have a funny way of working out. You seem to have it all together, Ken. Good job, nice cars, nice home, and that's aside from all the things you do for the wolfdogs. Hell... I wonder what it would be like if I went back for a second try-out for the Albany River Rats minor league hockey club. I was invited, but didn't want to deal with being turned down, which I still think I would have been. Either way, I'm living in a good neighborhood, and have a nice family. I can't complain.
                              thanks broh........

yes, ill never forget my dad, one day looking at me and saying "you will never be anything but a surfer beach bum....... just enough money to take your next surfing trip to some strange place...... come on son, finish college........."

had the date of my draft notice messed up in my post, i corrected it....... missed it by 30 years.....LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X