Just buffed and waxed the car...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just buffed and waxed the car...

and gawd, am I ever exhausted! Through the buffing applications, washing the car, waxing the car, polishing the wheels... it was a good 5 hour stint! Although I knew what to expect, I didnt expect how tired I'd be at the end ... lol

But if you ask me if it was worth it? Hell yeah!

I used G3 compound w/ the buffer, and Meguires 3 Stage Wax or something or other to finish it off.

I know, I know... not Zaino, but the results were still great!

Looks sharp

I've yet to Zaino my car, and I got the kit over the winter. Just for the right weekend to come along..
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
      Looks sharp

I've yet to Zaino my car, and I got the kit over the winter. Just for the right weekend to come along..

Hey Taso, did you get decals for the 'Trans-AM' badges on the bottom or your doors? Those look sharp!

Comment

Lookin good man just keep shinin her up!!
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

you wouldnt have spent that long if you lived here. been 100 degrees and over for the past 2 days.
          '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
          Stock with an irratic idle...
          (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

I'm sure the Meguir's was just to polish the swirls out. Then you can use Zaino to seal it in.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Looks awesome!

I just spent about a good 4 hours cleaning/washing up my ride yesterday as well. You get a bit tired, but everytime I look at her, I just get an even bigger smile on my face
              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                Looks awesome!

I just spent about a good 4 hours cleaning/washing up my ride yesterday as well. You get a bit tired, but everytime I look at her, I just get an even bigger smile on my face

This is true, on my part aswell :P

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
                  I'm sure the Meguir's was just to polish the swirls out. Then you can use Zaino to seal it in.
                  actually, thats not a good idea. mequir's is no where near as optically perfect as zaino.. you are dong yourself an injustice trying to zaino over it. plus, zaino is a polyemer, it needs to attach itself to the clear coat, thats what the z1 or zfx is for...the chemical reaction needed.

z5 fills swirls....better than meguire's,....if you go zaino....go all the way....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                    actually, thats not a good idea. mequir's is no where near as optically perfect as zaino.. you are dong yourself an injustice trying to zaino over it. plus, zaino is a polyemer, it needs to attach itself to the clear coat, thats what the z1 or zfx is for...the chemical reaction needed.

z5 fills swirls....better than meguire's,....if you go zaino....go all the way....
                    Opps Sorry Ken I should have stated to wash off the Meguir's and then apply Zaino if you have swirls. The Meguir's is just to buff out the swirls. Thats what I did and before I Zainoed I made sure that the paint was perfect from buffing and washed if off thoroughly with dish soap and then applied Zaino. I did this a few months ago and its still a great looking car. I just keep applying Zaino and should have a good shine for life! I haven't apply Zaino in a while but water still beads right up. Just increadable. Thanks for letting us know about it. I just wish I knew about it back in the summer of '95 when I got it! Darn ya!

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                      Hey Taso, did you get decals for the 'Trans-AM' badges on the bottom or your doors? Those look sharp!
                      No decals, they're painted.
                      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

She looks good. Nice work.
                        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X