New lights for steering wheel controls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New lights for steering wheel controls

I have a question for the F-bod gurus. The light on the right hand set of steering wheel mounted stereo controls on my bird has burn out. How do I go about replacing it. I don't want to just start prying on itand break something ya know. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.......Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

The whole thing is a unit. You can save your self time by replacing the control for about $65. from GM parts direct.
    But if you know how to solder you can replace the light bulb in it but its not easy.
    The control will just pop out a little and you have to disconnect the module. Its got a plastic clip molded on it. Its a PITA to get to though.
    LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-bs, 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, tierod, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

The part number is 16191172
      LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-bs, 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, tierod, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

So do I just pry it out gently? I think I'll try to fix it $65 is a rip off. I mean why make a light bulb that can't be replaced? Thanks again GM If I screw it up I'll just try and find one on ebay. Thanks again.............Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

You can get the bulb at radioshack for a couple of bucks very easy to fix.
          96TA

Comment

Working...
          X