Thinking Vette....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking Vette....

Guys, I am thinking about getting a Vette this winter.

Any pro's cons that any of you guys who own them can point to? I understand the differences in the cars but am looking for opinions as to how they are day to day compared to an f-bod.

I am looking at around a 2k convertible.

BTW, I will be keeping my TA.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Originally posted by jerrysta
    Guys, I am thinking about getting a Vette this winter.
    I don't blame you for wanting one - with gas prices this high, a Chevette would be great on gas!
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

NO WAY a converitble Chevette ... that will look sick ... drop top ... 18" spinners .... After that .. why keep the TA
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Don't get no Shevette. You can't go wrong with a Corvette. They usualy keep their value longer and handle like crazy. I'd suggest a late 4th gen or any 5th gen. would be fine. I just saw a '93 Corvette convertable that was white with white leather and a white top. Very rare and boy did it look sweet! They wanted 20K. I thought it was a bit much but if it didn't have a lot of miles it might have been worth it. Just look around there are plenty out there.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Hahaha You guys are killin me. I tell people I have a Chevette all the time.

Ok, back to your question. I think you'll love the car. They are very refined, handle great, have good acceleration and are a joy to drive. The open air would be icing on the cake. Enjoy.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Seriously, I think now's a great time to buy a Corvette - new or used! There are great discounts right now on the new ones and for the used ones, people aren't buying them because of the gas prices. This is prime shopping time!
            Darrin C
            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

I recently saw a few sweet vettes in my want ad. There was a ZR1 with low miles and a supercharged grand sport LT4 both @ about 24k. they sounded sweet.
              99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
              93 TA A4, sold

Comment

Who's ever not thinking Vette?

Do it. Now!

Please, no 18" spinnners though.

Sean
                1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Originally posted by soCalTA
                  NO WAY a converitble Chevette ... that will look sick ... drop top ... 18" spinners .... After that .. why keep the TA
                  Spinners are so EMO :barf:.
                  99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Heck yea. Thanks for the idea. I'm off to shop for spinners.
                    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                      Heck yea. Thanks for the idea. I'm off to shop for spinners.
                      If you want to try them out first to se if ya like 'em...http://www.echoingwalls.com/ct/rims/

unbelieveable!

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
                      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
                      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

hey my first car ever was a 1980 chevette 4 door auto...
                        then i moved up to a1982 2 door with a stick and front air dam...
                        hey they were free my dad owned them plus i wad 15 - 17 years old. when i was driving them..
                        eddie
                        1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Working...
                        X