Stupid Kids, Gotta Vent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Kids, Gotta Vent

some may consider me a kid, but I am now 23 and would never have considered doing something this stupid. Thursday I was out and about in my cargo van making some appointments for work. I was on a two lane road on highway 51 in southern illinois. I pulled up behing a blazer with two young men in it, not sure thier age but they were only doing about 50 mph. There was a car ahead of them 100 yards or so. As it came time I began to pass the Blazer, as I get up next to him he looks at me and floors it. Now my van is a dog, suddenly I am next to the car infront of him and there is a car coming quickly now towards me. He would not let me in between them. What an idiot!!!!! I locked up the brakes in my van and squeezed just in front of him. I looked in my mirror and cars were scattering everywhere. I pulled over and the kids step out, couldn't be more than 18 yelling at me. I got in the kids face and told him he was lucky nobody died there during his stupidity. Now I dont know if they thought it was funny or were pissed at me for some strange reason, but his move was just plain stupid. Now why do people not use thier heads when thye are driving. Thank God nobody was injured and there was no accident. I just I wish I would have been in the TA.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Common occurance here in the MD/DC metro area...people just don't like being passed around here, no matter how fast/slow their going...9 times out of 10 they will speed up, JUST so you can't pass them. Then resume their 50mph in a 65mph zone.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I mean, I literally saw mine or possibly someone elses life flash in front of me. Not cool, what are people thinkin? What is the big deal if someone is passing you. That was just stupid, then for him to get outta the car and yell at me!!!!!!!
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

not positive, but I'm pretty sure thats illiegal. I know when I was with my friend and his dad, we where goin somewhere and some jerk on a harley wasn't lettin anyone pass him, so his dad called the Florida Highway Patrol and they pulled him over about 5 miles later. He deserved it.
        Richard Harvey Jr.
        '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Its like that here too (Vegas)... even if its 2 lanes in one direction someone will move to the left lane just to stop people from passing. I really dont care how slow you want to go.... Just do it in the slow lane! One night driving home from work i saw my g/f going slow in the fast lane when people were tryin to pass. I kinda yelled at her, but she took it really well and doesnt do it anymore.

I think what bothers me the most is the people who know they have to get over for construction (because the lane ends)... they see the signs a mile back, but they wont move into the open space next to them, they have to try to get infront of atleast one more car. And they get pissed off when you dont slam on your breaks to let them in... They could slow down a little and get in the open space behind you, but NO... they have to squeeze infront of you.
          99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by xxRillixx
            :

I think what bothers me the most is the people who know they have to get over for construction (because the lane ends)... they see the signs a mile back, but they wont move into the open space next to them, they have to try to get infront of atleast one more car. And they get pissed off when you dont slam on your breaks to let them in... They could slow down a little and get in the open space behind you, but NO... they have to squeeze infront of you.
            That angers me as well.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

One of the most irritating things for me, is someone who rides my bumper and won't pass. Whenever someone starts riding my bumper, I just slow down and make them pass. A lot of people ride other people's bumpers, everywhere they go. I can't understand this behavior. They don't want to pass, that's just how they drive

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

I was just thinking of posting something like this yesterday. It was a horrible day, everyone was driving like crap. There's only one parkway that i take that is only two lanes wide, the rest are three but you get the same thing. It's horrible, three lanes of people pacing one another (seemingly intentionally) so that you can't pass them. Last week, i was on the parkway and some guy kept messing around. There was a car about 200 feet away in front of me and then this guy in a Beretta sitting next to me. I had it in 6th and started speeding up a little. The Beretta sped up too. I try it again and again, he keeps up with me. Finally, i drop it into 3rd, look at my girlfriend, smile and stomp on it. Needless to say, he didn't keep up this time.
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

But, it's nice when I'm in the T/A and they try to pull the same stupid stunt...just need to squeeze the throttle a bit more, and rarely will I ever have an "issue" getting around them.
                  Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                  Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by TruckMuddr
                    not positive, but I'm pretty sure thats illiegal.
                    It is illegal....it's called street racing
                    People around here have that problem too, they speed up just so you cant pass them, then slow down again, i dont understand the problem.
                    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

People have a tendency to not want anyone in front of them. For some strange reason, they think they are getting behind in life. I think this applies to cars. They hate people passing them and get angry for nothing. I see it all the time.
                      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Peoples' driving habits today are a disgrace!!! I have encountered pretty well all of these things while driving. Besides all of the things said already, the one thing I Hate is when there is a semi passing another semi because he is going like 1 mile per hour faster...So here I am going 61 behind this stupid idiot in his semi, passing another semi that is going 60 It happens all the time and it freaks me out. Sometimes enough to the point that I wanna flip the guy off when I finally get by him but the I think... Wait...this rig is 10 times the size of me and could probably run me right over and keep on truckin without a worry.

then for him to get outta the car and yell at me!!!!!!!
                        I don't think I coulda handled that...He might have left with a bloody face
                        Too bad u didnt know much more about this kid, some late night Ken could have made a "knife'm video" to send his way...
                        Greg W. in West Michigan
                        1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                        1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                        1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                        1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                        1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                        <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
                          Peoples' driving habits today are a disgrace!!! I have encountered pretty well all of these things while driving. Besides all of the things said already, the one thing I Hate is when there is a semi passing another semi because he is going like 1 mile per hour faster...So here I am going 61 behind this stupid idiot in his semi, passing another semi that is going 60 It happens all the time and it freaks me out. Sometimes enough to the point that I wanna flip the guy off when I finally get by him but the I think... Wait...this rig is 10 times the size of me and could probably run me right over and keep on truckin without a worry.

I don't think I coulda handled that...He might have left with a bloody face
                          Too bad u didnt know much more about this kid, some late night Ken could have made a "knife'm video" to send his way...
                          Thankfully i am a pretty calm person and do not get to that point. There were two of them so that could have made it troublesome for me. I just figure that with his stupidity he will get what he deserves sooner than later. Morons like this always get what they deserve. After I got into the car and even thought about it more I wished I had taken care of him. Oh well, I am OK and so is everybody else so I am fine with that. I just had to vent to my F-bod compadres cuz I knew you guys would feel my pain on this issue.

Comment

that's why I tend to be the slowest one on the road...on the slow lane. no conflict there...

ditto the constrcution...I hate drivers that sees the lane ending but continue forward and then sqweeze in...

or the ones that gets angry and honks furiously when you're stuck in traffic and the lanes moves up in front of you a lil, but you don't move...I don't understand, we're not going anywhere any faster, so what's the difference 2 seconds gonna make? chill...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

The main thing i've noticed in 99 when i had my 95 Firebird ( i was 19) and even today with my 99 TA (i'm 25) is that on highways younger drivers won't let you in front of them ESPECIALLY younger males. I think they look at me and say "dudes driving his dads car" and treat my like crap out there. Not that i need there help in the open, but when cars are close, they'll still feed you to the wolves out there.
                              99 Black WS6
                              99 Black Ski-Doo Mach Z
                              94 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                              X