august issue of R&T

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• august issue of R&T

Saw this today and it had on the cover "2007 camaro revealed". So i opened it up and they are saying definatley 2007. but heres the bad news, the concept one they showed was pretty ugly.
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

The concept drawings were based on those of a European magazine that spied a car/chassis in development doing laps on the Nuremburg Ring (sp?)...or should I say what a car on said platform may look like. The prominent rumor now says the car is inspired by the 69 Camaro. Whether that means design cues or full out retro is really up in the air. At any rate, I wouldn't put much stock into magazine concepts.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

That's funny - I just read in my new Motor Trend issue that all of the rear drive performance cars are dead at Gm except for the 08 GTO and the Solstice / Sky. The new Chevelle, Camaro, and possible El Camino are dead.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
        That's funny - I just read in my new Motor Trend issue that all of the rear drive performance cars are dead at Gm except for the 08 GTO and the Solstice / Sky. The new Chevelle, Camaro, and possible El Camino are dead.
        That's what I was thinking when I read R&T...I have a library of their mags and when I'm taking a sqwat and read some older stuff, I laugh at how wrong they were...

So...who's right or wrong on this one?

Personally, I think this board has a better chance of figuring it out than the editors in those mags.

Personally, I think GM should import every Holden car/truck...they have everything to satisfy every segment.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

personally, I can't see how the car could possibly be brought back that quickly. They haven't even brought the Solstice and the Saturn Sky to market yet. It seems to take GM forever to bring a car from concept to market. The concept (if there really is one) hasn't even been officially released yet and regardless of what is claimed, we all know that it appears to take a minumum of 2 years before they hit the owner's hands. If I had to bet, I'd say no way.

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm

So...who's right or wrong on this one?
            Well, here's what I've gathered/found out...

It seems many magazines write their stories months in advance. When Motor Trend wrote the story on the canceling of the Camaro program it was based on news of the death of Zeta. In short, it's not only out of date, it's wrong. Zeta is an engineering project to make use of the updated V-car program from Australia called VE. It was determined that it was more cost efficient to modify platforms already available in north america (sigma) than to use Zeta. In Settlemeyer's own words, Zeta was over rated.

What we're probably looking at now is a Sigma platform that has been modified to reduce costs. Chances are that that this isn't new, but that's it's been being worked for some time.

Of course, Solstice was ram rodded through the system and still took 3 years from concept to showroom.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              personally, I can't see how the car could possibly be brought back that quickly. They haven't even brought the Solstice and the Saturn Sky to market yet. It seems to take GM forever to bring a car from concept to market. The concept (if there really is one) hasn't even been officially released yet and regardless of what is claimed, we all know that it appears to take a minumum of 2 years before they hit the owner's hands. If I had to bet, I'd say no way.
              I've seen a couple of soltice's rollin' around, but then again i live like 3 minutes away from the factory. (about 20 minutes away from the durango factory) Detroit has nothing on delaware
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

i aint sayin nuttin.

cause i made a post already..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

i knew there would be a way to get a hint to exactly what you meant wolfman. i just didnt know it would be my post. lol
                  ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                    i aint sayin nuttin.

cause i made a post already..........

Hmmm... So thats what is gonna happen in four years??? Good to know...
                    Greg W. in West Michigan
                    1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                    1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                    1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                    1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                    1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                    <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                    X