Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you ever wish you didnt love your car as much as you do?...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you ever wish you didnt love your car as much as you do?...

Hey everyone,
    I was just thinking about what I would do if I wanted to get another sports/play car. I am sure that there will be a new model released in the next few years that I am going to want to get. Weather it be a camaro or something else. However, I am so in love with my 91 Convertibe that I dont think I will ever be able to get rid of it. So what am I to do? I cant get rid of my daily driver & I couldnt afford the insurance for 3 cars! This sucks.

How do you guys feel?
    No F-Body right now

It would have to be a car that would make me forget all about my T/A. For one, I would never buy a car on the initial year of release. Always wait a year... usually because the bugs need to be worked out. Mainly because car companies never usually release a "hot" model of a car in it's first year. They don't need the attention as of yet. Look at the Mustang for instance. The Cobra and GT500 are later releases. Interest is still high on the Mustang.

To answer your question, there are very few cars out right now that would make me part with my car, and I can't afford any of them anyway.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

buy another convertible model
      1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
      1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

I just keep adding to the collection. Insurance really doesnt go up much with the addition of new vehicles.....as long as you dont add drivers. The insurance co. knows you can only drive one at a time. I have known companies in my past that have gotten suspicious that I have multiple vehicles, but you have to explain that you are an enthusiast.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Personal preferance my friend.

Just hold on until you frind something that totally blows your mind.
          And you are right, more than likely, there will be something that comes out shortly that will do just that.

And in those circumstances the drop top will forgive you for what you are destined to do.

AMF RACING: Friends don't let friends drive junk

01 black ss #0966
          lou's short stick, slp lid and cold air, smooth bellow, centerforce, loudmouth, 3 in. y pipe, flowtech long tubes, BMR STB, SLP 4.10's, polished zr-1s, MSD wires, T-6 plugs, and upcoming goodies....Tee-Hee

Comment

There are times I could just kick myself. Other times I feel completely justified. I suppose it depend on the mood and the amount of strees involved. I do know that there is no way I would trade the knowledge that I've accumulated..... that's what makes the hobby affordable for me. I don't know how the average person deals with having to pay repair shops for the work.

Comment

Every now and then i get like that, when i realize how much i spend per month on the car its kinda crazy. . . but i couldnt see myself driving anything else.
              -Nick-
              95 A4 Z28

Comment

You will know when the time is right to sell your convertible and get another car. I bought my 73 Dodge Charger brand new......400CI with a 4speed 3.55 gears.....all black. (Only 69 were made with the 4 speed that year). I kept that car until 1997. But I also had an 89 Corvette at the time and it was a lot more fun to drive the Vette. So I sold the Charger.......something I was "never" going to do. And you know what, I never regreted it (except for the price that car would fetch today ). But timing is everything as far as I am concerned because that beautiful 89 Corvette that I also thought I would never sell, got sold to buy my 2000 CamaroSS........no regrets there either.
                2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Working...
                X