Jeff...shops in the Atlanta area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff...shops in the Atlanta area

hey Jeff...I followed up on a recent thread about shops in GA and you mentioned rpmotorsports. I called them and spoke to a Pat...thing is, I felt like the customer service wasn't subpar...at least over the phone. I gave him some Q's and A's and the feedback wasn't as enthusiatic as I hoped.

Anywho, I'm tryin' to find a shop that'll do a decent job at swapping gears. Weld on sub-frames and headers.

If you know any shops in particular...let me know.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
    hey Jeff...I followed up on a recent thread about shops in GA and you mentioned rpmotorsports. I called them and spoke to a Pat...thing is, I felt like the customer service wasn't subpar...at least over the phone. I gave him some Q's and A's and the feedback wasn't as enthusiatic as I hoped.

Anywho, I'm tryin' to find a shop that'll do a decent job at swapping gears. Weld on sub-frames and headers.

If you know any shops in particular...let me know.
    I wish I could help. I wasn't impressed with the prices at rpmotorsports. In fact I thought they were outrageous.

I had a friend weld on my SFC so I'm no help their either. The muffler shops wouldn't touch it. I was surprised at that.

Southern Gear
    4369 W Atlanta Rd SE
    Smyrna, GA 30080-6511
    (770) 435-1461
    can do the gears but I'm pretty sure it has to be out of the car. I'm not much help their either.

I'm not sure if these people will do it in the car or not. They shortened a drive shaft for me once.
    Doraville Drive Lines & Spgs
    6910 Buford Hwy NE
    Doraville, GA 30340-1410
    (770) 441-2501

As for the headers I don't have a clue.

Sorry I'm not more help.

I know where to get an engine built though.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

yeah...i keep coming up in dead ends too. I call around, but like you said...no one will touch SFC and header installs are outrageous. Guess I gotta keep hunting. Thanks dude!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Ha Call Tony at Villa Rica Auto They do all the work I can not do. I have been going there for about 10 years an very happy with there work an $$$. Call them at 770-459-6446 or call me at 770-836-8177 or e -mail me at zlee@bellsouth.net They are gear heads an Tony an Wayne have 55 chevys so check them out. They are in your back yard. Blazer

Comment

Working...
        X