fuel injectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel injectors

i believe i have a bad fuel injector, or they just need to be cleaned. if i decide replace them, which route should i go, replace them with stock injectors, or should i get bigger injectors or performance ones and pick up some power? if so how much? and what size should i go with the mods i have as of right now?

if it is worth it to change them i can have the computer reprogrammed by pcmforless to accomidate the injectors if the gain will be noticable.
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Given the mods you list, changing to "bigger injectors or performance ones" won't gain you any performance improvements. The stockers are good for an easy 350 flywheelHP, and some people have pushed thme over 400 flywheelHP (but I wouldn't recommend it).

If you are planning some larger mods in the near future, you could step up to a larger injector, but it would require PCM tuning for the larger flow rate, with no real benefits at this time.

Many people buy the "Ford" SVO, FMS or other pintle style injectors, because they are a cheap replacement for the stockers. I personally didn't like the fit on the retainer clips, but its no big deal. My Bosch 78's are in there without a clip, so I guess its OK.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X