head questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head questions

hey guys as you might have read in previous posts i was gonna purchase teh edelbrock lt1 heads and until i read some bad reviews i decided not too even though the deal was pretty sweet
    anyways
    what kind heads do you think would compliment my current setup
    cc306 cam
    1.52 roller rockers
    pcmforless
    all bolt on ie: maf, exhaust, cai, etc.
    B&M 2800 stall kit
    any help would be appreciated i wanna get soemthing done and tuned before the end of the summer thanks
    scott

by the way it is a 96 trans am a4

Comment

Go to the other thread on heads/cam, and find the link to Lloyd Elliott/e-PortWorks. Those are about the most cost effective packages you can get, using the stock LT1 heads to minimize cost.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12685

The Edelbrocks seem to be little more than a stock head with an oversize exhaust valve.... same combustion chamber cc's, same inlet runner cc's, same intake valve diameter, only the slightly larger 1.55" exhuast valve. Even Edelbrock only claims about 26HP for them. You'll be closer to a 190-195cc intake runner, and closer to a 2.00" intake valve with the typical LT1 port job. It will make a lot more HP.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X