tires......? yikes....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tires......? yikes....

I am going to buy the 17 x 9.5 black replica Z06 rims with the 54 mm offset at tybyrne motorsport. The only problem is i dont know what is the best performance tire i can get at a reasonable price. Any input would be great because i don't know too much about tires. By the way i live in walnut creek, california so any locals could recomend a good place to get the tires and to install them on the rims.
    Thanks a lot, Nick
    1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

falkens arent bad for the price and I had summitomo's b4 and theey are real cheap and ok performance. I belive the tires $ is 95/per for summitomo, and like 140 for falkens. Also why dont you get them rims on e-bay AFS makes them and they're cheap as h#ll I paid 575 for 17x9 and 17x11's in chrome last year for my last T/A.
    R.I.P. 2001 Trans Am- C5's 17" and 18", way too expensive stereo, SLP LM, WS6 hood, and more to come.
    2002 GSXR 750- PC, -1, tinted windscreen

Comment

um.... does anyone know what size tire fits the 17x9.5 black z06 rim?? I'm really lost here and know nothing about the Psize's. Ex. P305/70R14 stuff like that because i dont what any of that stuff means...... ya i know it's pretty sad lol....
      Any help about this stuff would be EXTREAMLY APPRICIATED!!!!!!!
      , Nick

if this doesn't make any sense tell me and ill try to explain it better.....
      1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

Comment

Check out www.tirerack.com, it'll tell you the what size tire will fit on what size wheel. Also, for a 9.5" wide wheel, you're lookin' at 275/40's. You could stuff 285/40's on the rear, but it will throw your speedo off slightly.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by camarokkidd
          um.... does anyone know what size tire fits the 17x9.5 black z06 rim?? I'm really lost here and know nothing about the Psize's. Ex. P305/70R14 stuff like that because i dont what any of that stuff means...... ya i know it's pretty sad lol....
          Any help about this stuff would be EXTREAMLY APPRICIATED!!!!!!!
          , Nick

if this doesn't make any sense tell me and ill try to explain it better.....
          size: 275/40r17 or 285/40r17

make:? dont skimp on tires. tires are the critical link between your car and its total performance. you can have all the engine and suspension mods in the world, but with crummy tires, you are at square 1.

get bf goodrich z force KDW's, thats the best bang for the buck for f bodies right now.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

listen to Ken (wolfman) when it comes to tires. He definately knows what he's talking about. The G Force KDWs aren't cheap, but they're a great tire. And remember, the tire is the only part of your car that actually touches the ground.... don't skimp on it!
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

oh, and you said you have no idea what those numbers mean.... in the case of a 275/40/R17 The 275 denotes the width, in milimeters, of the tread, the 40 indictaes the ratio of sidewall height to the width of the tread. So in this case, the sidewall is 40% of 275 mm. The R means it's a radial tire, and the 17 is the diameter. This number whould match the rim diameter you're buying.

And one other thing... definately go with Tirerack.com for your tires. Even after shipping costs, you won't find them cheaper anywhere else. Then you just have to find a place to install them (tirerack can recommend places, and even drop ship to them)
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Tirerack will even ship direct to certain installers, check for a location near you. Man, I sound like a commercial....

I recently purchased some Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals (245/50R16) and I'm throughly enjoying them. My second set of Hi-perf Firehawks....Good quality and they're reasonably priced too!
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                  Tirerack will even ship direct to certain installers, check for a location near you. Man, I sound like a commercial....

I recently purchased some Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals (245/50R16) and I'm throughly enjoying them. My second set of Hi-perf Firehawks....Good quality and they're reasonably priced too!
                  thats the Firehawk tire replacement model, it is a good tire for sure.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                  X