help, engine swap 3rd gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, engine swap 3rd gen

first off, hello and thanks for this great site!! I have a couple questions (I did a search first)I hope you guys can help me with. I'm replacing the 5.0 TPI with a 5.7 carbed in my wifes 87 formula, the dipstick won't work with the 5.0 exhaust manifolds, are headers my only option? and what is the best sollution for the fuel system, regulater? any leads for used parts? trying to do this on a budget. thanks for any and all help.

Originally posted by dooho
    first off, hello and thanks for this great site!! I have a couple questions (I did a search first)I hope you guys can help me with. I'm replacing the 5.0 TPI with a 5.7 carbed in my wifes 87 formula, the dipstick won't work with the 5.0 exhaust manifolds, are headers my only option? and what is the best sollution for the fuel system, regulater? any leads for used parts? trying to do this on a budget. thanks for any and all help.
    Welcome to the forum.

My Brother and I did an engine swap into his C4 Vette last year. He had the exact same problem. He ended up opting for headers, but he kind of wanted headers anyway. If this is your wife's daily driver, she may not want them.

This site's For Sale/Trade section is a good place to start for used parts. Other than that, eBay is usually my second stop.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
    X