Help fast!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fast!!!

I got my 2002 SS wheels today, after cleaning them I couldn't wait to get them on. I've read over and over they would fit any fourth gen car. Well I go to slip them on and the center hole of the wheel doesnt fit over the rotor piece. It seems as if it needs afraction less taken off the inside, is something wrong here???
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

No.... they don't fit all years. They do on the front, but not the rear. You will need to grind the wheel center slightly for clearance. GM at one point started making the hub a fraction smaller, so I believe mid 96 or so was where the running change was made. I had to do this for my 93. Just use a dremel and grind just enough for them to slip on. You might wish to do all four so that you can rotate them later on.

Comment

Thanks so much, I was getting scared that I would have to sell them and get diffferent ones, I'll be sure to post a picture with them on for ya's. Again thanks alot for the help!
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Early 97 model year seems to be when they finally made the front and rear hub diameters equal. Prior to that, the rear hubs were about 0.030" larger than the front hubs.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

These are my new SS wheels

These are my new wheels!!!!

Comment

nice... I see everything worked. I had mine on my T/A at first, then switched them over to my 93 Z.

Comment

I like it... clean lines, subtle finish on the wheels.

Your signature says you have a no-power options car.... any chance its a 1LE?
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I checked to see if it was a 1LE when i first got it, I didnt see it stamped on the door sticker. Joe, I like the chrome wheels alot I was looking for those also but got these so cheap I had to by them. Its amazing though how these wheels give it such a different more aggressive look. I just need to order some zaino and witness its magical powers everyone claims. haha

Comment

Actually, the powdercoated wheels look great. That's the way my Borbets are.... I wouldn't change that at all.

Comment

Working...
                  X