New Guy to the Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy to the Forum

Hello everyone, finally got my login for the forum and can't wait to say ... this place rocks. I recently have purchased a '97 Pontiac T/A with 102K on the odometer. She runs like a champ though. I have come here and found lots of help through searching and whatnot. Heres some pics of my baby and hope to talk to you all. Thanks
    Shane
    Attached Files

Welcome. That is a sweet looking ride. When you have time, you should consider creating a signature with the details of your car. This will come in handy when you have questions or start considering modifying it. Again, welcome.
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

great looking ride welcome to the best f-body forum on the net
      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Awesome looking ride and welcome to the best f-body site out there!
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone. As stated there is alot of very useful information on this site. Def. makes someone not afraid of working on their own vehicle. I have also experienced the nightmare of changing the spark plugs and wires.
          Can someone tell me if it is possible to tell if my motor is firing on all 8 cylinders? This is my virst V8 engine and I'm wondering if there would be a noticable significant power loss or knock that I would know of. Thanks all..

Shane

Comment

Welcome! Any other 97 TA owner takes priority in my book lol
            1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
            370 RWHP / 352 TQ
            CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

Comment

WHoo Hoo another 97

Welcome
              1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
              1 of 463
              LT4 knock module
              D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
              strut tower brace
              SLP fan switch
              160* t/stat
              Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
              DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by 97transam
                Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone. As stated there is alot of very useful information on this site. Def. makes someone not afraid of working on their own vehicle. I have also experienced the nightmare of changing the spark plugs and wires.
                Can someone tell me if it is possible to tell if my motor is firing on all 8 cylinders? This is my virst V8 engine and I'm wondering if there would be a noticable significant power loss or knock that I would know of. Thanks all..

Shane
                welcome, i had two 97's, still got one.........its a Firehawk though.

if you were not firing on all 8, you would get a flashing SES light on the dash........ any emission or ignition miss is detected by the pcm on the obdII cars..

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Awesome.. Thanks for more welcomes and the quick response Wolf. I figured with the high intelligence of auto computers it would let you know. I can't tell you how much I smile everytime I put my foot down or even when just cruising. F-Body's rock. BTW I'm supposed to be running my buddies '98 Z/28 tomorrow at a local track. I'll have to let you all know how it went, add more flames to the LS1 v. LT1 war. Lol

Comment

Welcome, Shane, to not only the best F-body site out there, but the best site period. Before long, you'll find yourself coming here even when you don't have a question about your T/A. It's just a great place to hang with great people. Nice car and enjoy it!
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                    X