Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How or what kind of noise would a broken motor mount make?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How or what kind of noise would a broken motor mount make?

Hi Guys!

My car makes a squeaking noise when I give it gas at a complete stop or goose it a little bit.

The motor when looking at it with the hood up doesn't move no more than it always has.

It makes a squeaking noise and no banging or anything.

Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Not sure about our cars but a buddy of mine had a broken motor mount on his 5.0 stang and the whole car shook, like hardcore. I think you would know if it were the motor mount, seriously the car was shaking as if someone were in the engine bay beating around like a hammer.
    '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
    Stock with an irratic idle...
    (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

The motor would most likely jump around if the mount was broken, making a clunking or banging. Have a friend put the car in gear with his foot on the brake (or set the e-brake if its a stick) and goose the gas a bit. If you have a briken engine mount, the motor will rock around a alot, most likely banging as it you relieve the torque.

Take a look around as you do this at exhaust or other bracketry that could be squeaking.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

maybe ur belt is wasted?
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Sounds like a belt to me too.

Comment

Working...
          X