X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice please

found this on e bay, and i think it might be a good project car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

what do you think, is it worth it, is it repairable, what happens when engine catches fire, which parts go wrong?

thanks
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Fixing that could get expensive where you live. Here in the states it might not be so hard because parts are easier to get. I'd plan on replacing lots of parts, in fact so many that I could not imagine listing them all here. The interior is most likely water damaged or smoke damaged and also likely smells really bad. I'd fix a car that was in a light collision before I tackled a car that burned.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I have a hard time believeing there is no damage inside...I've seen a thirdgen Camaro that had an engine fire, all the wires under the dash were melted, the air ducts were deformed, and of course the interior smelled like smoke...

"which parts go wrong?" all the wiring and electronic parts, all rubber and plastic, seals...he says the windshield is damaged, which is also why I believe there is interior damage (may not be visible)...

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

My pounds/dollars conversion must be way off! Is that camaro between $1100-$1200!?! 7 pounds=10dollars right?
        1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
        V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
        previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

thank you for the replys

i went and had a look at the car, looked under the dash and i didnt see any melted wires, just a heat defomed plastic that covers the air blower. ecu seems burned, injectors, icm and coil, oil filler cap, oil dipstick and so on.
          no apparent damage to the front of the engine, belt looks unaffected.

Some dumbass has won the auction for £1370 and doesnt have the money to get it so he wrote me that i can get it for that price.

How much do you think a car in this condition is worth in the states? its a 6 speed manual with t tops
          or maybe I should forget about it?
          93 t/a A4 3.23s
          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

You should forget about it, in my opinion, the wiring alone makes it a huge nightmare.
            NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
            (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

unless ur makign a track car(10 and less) and dont plan on driving it on the streets get it, otherwise, walk er run away from this one
              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Kelly Blue Book private party value, in good condition, in my area of South Alabama, is $5,040.00 (probably more where you live).

You have to consider this:
                1) Do you have the money to buy the car-
                2) How much are the parts to bring it back to a good useable car, going to cost, and do you have the money for that-
                3) Do you have the time, energy, and a place to do the repairs-
                4) Ultimately, is it going to be a good investment, or could you come out the same, by going out and buying a car just like that one, but in good working condition-

Under certain circumstances, you can come out ok on a deal like that, but the majority of the time, you will not. There are often unseen repairs that have to be done. If it was a comparable 2002 model, I think that you would do well, but of course I haven’t seen the car, so that is just a guess. I have rebuilt 5 totaled out cars, over the past years, and sometimes I would do very well, and sometimes not. I did get a good deal of experience though.
                I would check the “Kelly Blue Book” values on the car. Do a history check on it, because who knows what is in its past history. It could have been totaled and rebuilt before.

One thing about it, it is a loaded car, and possibly a rare example of a 94 Camaro. If rebuilt and kept in really good condition, it could be worth more money one day.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Also, you might see if you can talk the owner down on the price. It never hurts to try, and most of the time they will negotiate-everything is negotiable

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Working...
                  X