Vibrations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrations

Hey guys, I have a 95 T/A 6spd 100% stock and i noticed today that when i go over 75 in 6th gear it starts making this wierd vibrating noise, its not consistent its like rrrrrrrrr........rrrrrrrrr.......rrrrrrrrr and its seems to get louder the faster I go. I have also heard it in 3rd once in a while but never paid attention to it, anyone heard of this or know what it could be? Appreciate the help!

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Most likely and out of balance driveshaft. Years ago, the factory put out a technical sevice bulletin that addressed the problem. The factory fix was to replace the out of balance steel unit with the 1LE aluminum shaft. Not much you can do except replace the shaft.

It could be tires, but a quick trip to the tire store and the balance checked would rule that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Most likely and out of balance driveshaft. Years ago, the factory put out a technical sevice bulletin that addressed the problem. The factory fix was to replace the out of balance steel unit with the 1LE aluminum shaft. Not much you can do except replace the shaft.

It could be tires, but a quick trip to the tire store and the balance checked would rule that out.
      I AM missing balance weights on the 2 front tires, but if it was the driveshaft would it only do it in certain gears like for instance when i heard it in 3rd and sixth but not 1, 2, 4th or 5th? also ive gone past 80 in 5th gear but there were no vibrations, thanks for your help Joe.....

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

If you know your wheel weights are missing get them balanced before going any further. If it still vibrates get an aluminum driveshaft. They are pretty inexpensive.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
        X