nfb: what else to check?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: what else to check?

Recently my Trans Sport (info in sig) has developed a stumble at idle. It starts up and runs fine, but after the engine has warmed up and is at a steady idle the rpm's will drop intermitantly, about 200 rpm, sometimes the drop is enough that the engine will die. It does this in drive and park, no set time interval between drops. No SES or codes. I've replaced the fuel filter (it was only 8 months old). I plan on cleaning the throttle body and IAC this weekend. Could it be dirty injectors? EGR? What else should I check?

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

clean the mass air flow censor with a q-tip and some intake cleaner but be carefull and dont break the wires. and im not sure if gms have the idle air control vavle(my old taurus did what ur van does and i cleaned that and it fixed it)
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
    X