Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antifreeze draining

Hey guys .,...

I can't remember and/or find where someone said there was a drain plug or something like that in the block to drain out coolant? Where is it and what do I need to know once I find and remove it?

Thanks
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Originally posted by soCalTA
    Hey guys .,...

I can't remember and/or find where someone said there was a drain plug or something like that in the block to drain out coolant? Where is it and what do I need to know once I find and remove it?

Thanks
    There's a plastic draincock on the bottom right side of the radiator. Pop that open (turn the knob) and take the radiator cap off to help it drain faster.
    1996 T/A - BBK headers & throttle body, K&N filter, 1.6:1 Comp Cams Pro Magnums, Warbird hood w/ SLP Ram-Air

Comment

Draining the radiator only gets out 1/2 of the coolant. You need to drain the block also. There is a pipe plug in the drivers side of the block, at the bottom, near the motor mount. There is a corresponding hole on the passenger side, and that one has the knock sensor in it. You need to remove the knock sensor to drain that side of the block.

Draining only the radiator, and filling it with water to flush the system leaves you with 25% of the old stuff still in the block when you drain it a second time. If you don't drain the block, or have it power flushed you can not get all the old contaminated material out.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks guys ..

Fred .. thats what I was looking for...
        97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
        In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
        X