Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: Another fine example of humanity.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Another fine example of humanity.....

WTF is wrong with people?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

My nephew who's 16 is playing in a 16-19 league and his coach told one of the pitchers to hit one on the other players and take him out of the game so they would have a better chance of winning. My brother went off on the coach after he found out from his son.

People are jerks and want to win at all cost. What ever happened to sportsmanship? My daughter plays club Volleyball and they don't teach these kids how to loose. I try to tell her that I never minded loosing if I got beat. When I got mad is when we beat ourselves and didn't play to our potential.

That guy should be hit in the head with the bat and see how he likes it.
    Moron...
    2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
    1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
    2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
    2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
    2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I played little leauge for 10 years and definetly agree that some coaches are far more competitive then the players. Thats why my dad and best friend starting coaching in my early years, to make sure we had a great time and also learn about the sport. Some of the people today are absolutely insane over winning, its awful. I remeber one game, the coach on the other team threw his son on the ground after pitching a bad inning, it wasnt long before he was kicked out of the leauge.
      1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

I could almost see something like that happening in Little League, I couldn't condone it, but I could imagine it happening, but this is T-Ball we're talking about. That's 5-6 year olds where score isn't even kept. The inning is over after every player has gotten a chance to bat, and the at-bat lasts until they get a hit. At least that's how it is in our league. This coach wanted to take out one of his own players so he wouldn't be forced to play him. What a lowlife.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

lets all pelt him with t-balls in the head and groin...moron.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

This world never ceases to amaze me. What people will do and how they'll treat one another.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

That one really hit home. My oldest daughter (4 years old) has Downs Syndrome. If I ever found out a coach had someone else on the team throw a ball at her just so she couldn't play, I'd be in jail the next day. I have zero tolerance for scumbags like this.

Usually over-competitive adults are a product of being the last kid picked all the time.
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

My son played for an abusive Little League coach, but fortunately for both he and the coach, he never pulled any of that crap on my son. For some reason he left my son alone. On several occasions, I would take my video camera, and video tape parts of the game. The coach was always taking notice of this, and would act civilized while I was taping. At one point, I decided to just leave the camera on, and just set it down on the bench in front of me, and let it stay on for the whole game. I thought that I might at least record his abusive words, if not an abusive act. Apparently, the coach could see the little red light blinking on the front of the camera, because he would act civilized for the whole game. I did this on a regular basis, and it worked very well for keeping this guy in check. They did become district champs though, and just missed winning the city wide championship by 1 point

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

When I was a kid I played baseball (10 yrs old) with an abusive coach. Finally the coach smacked me in the face, so hard, because I dropped a pop fly or screwed up a play somehow ( Inever played baseball before this and I was quite green to the game) at a baseball game, the parents went nuts and the guy was ousted right there and forbidden to Coach in the little league ever again . My dad had to be the assistant coach after that. (It was in San Fernando valley so it could of been the smog ) What is with some people
                  Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                  Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                  pics and info

Comment

Working...
                  X