Formla radiator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formla radiator

Looks like I need to replace my plastic radiator that split at a seam. Are there better after market radiators out there or should I just get what most suppliers offer when I call. How hard is it to replace the radiator on my '94 formula, with A/C of course ? Thanks
    '94 formula (red)
    '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9L

www.paddockparts.com theres an 800 number also, they have great aftermarket aluminum radiators.

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
    www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

By split at the seam do you mean in between the plastic tank and the aluminum tabs holding it on? If so then take it down to your local rad shop and they can recrimp it. I highly doubt you need an all aluminum rad, the plastic tanks are far cheaper and cool as good it's just about the 4 oz. difference in weight. At our shop we recrimp for about $50 Canadian.
      They're not scratches, they're character marks

Comment

Griffin and BeCool both make LT1-specfic aluminum radiators, but they are expensive - close to $600. I have the Griffin, and had less problems with it than a friend of mine had with the BeCool. The Griffen appeared to be slightly taller than the stocker, which required some changes to the radiator support to fit the ram air box in.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Not to steal the post, but when do you have to go to a better radiator? I'm building a stroker. Is the stock one going to cool well enough?

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
          Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Working...
          X