Backspacing for 88' formula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backspacing for 88' formula

I own an 88 formula and was wondering if anyone knows what the maximum backspacing I can run on this car.I am trying to run a 10" x 15" rim on the rear of the car.I currently have a 17" x 9.5" on the rear of the car.
    598ci 11:1 Big Chief, Brodix 1802 Big Dukes,Gene Fulton 2 stage plate and fogger, Quick Fuel Dominator,solid roller, victor manifold, Harwood 3'' cowl hood,fiberglass rear spoiler, 10 pt. chromoly cage,PA Racing chromoly k member,a arms, manual rack, coil over conversion. BMR Xtreme everything out back. ford 9in w/spool,3.70 gear and powerglide. Bogart rt welded wheels
    redformula88 is offline vBGarage Page Report Post Edit/Delete Message

If you already have a 9.5" wide wheel in the back, and you are satisfied with the way it fits in the wheel well, all you need to do is measure the backspace on that wheel, and decide if you want to add the extra 1/2" to back of the wheel (increase backspace by 1/2") or if you want the outside of the wheel to move toward the outside of the fender (same backspace as the wheel you have), or if you want to add 1/4" to each side and keep the centerline the same (increase backspace by 1/4").

You would just have to look at your current setup, and decide which would work, with regard to the clearance available behind the wheel, how close they are to the outer edge of the fender and what size tires you are going to put on them.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks for the info
      598ci 11:1 Big Chief, Brodix 1802 Big Dukes,Gene Fulton 2 stage plate and fogger, Quick Fuel Dominator,solid roller, victor manifold, Harwood 3'' cowl hood,fiberglass rear spoiler, 10 pt. chromoly cage,PA Racing chromoly k member,a arms, manual rack, coil over conversion. BMR Xtreme everything out back. ford 9in w/spool,3.70 gear and powerglide. Bogart rt welded wheels
      redformula88 is offline vBGarage Page Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Comment

Working...
      X