cam recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam recommendations?

i was thinking about purchasing an aftermarket cam for the z, being that this is a california car it must be able to pass smog (i dont know if adding a different cam would cause it not to pass smog or not).

does anyone have any recommendations on any certain brand and what would be best to increase low end torque/horsepower?

do you guys recommend changing the timing chain and installing new valvetrain components as well? thanks in advance.

www.cammotion.com tell em what kinda of set up you got, what you have planning and theyll email you with a cam recommendation. i got mine the day after i sent em my info. awesome guys

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
    www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

thanks for the reply, i'll have to check'em out.

Comment

heres what mine looked like, so you know what to expect -

Dear Brynnda,

Recently, you submitted an Cam Request named 1997 trans am ram air, WS6, SLP headers, LT4 heads & intake, 1.6 RR's, 3200 stall converter, line lock, tranny cooler, engine oil cooler, air foil, strut tower brace & Magnaflow exhaust, using our online Cam Request system at cammotion.com. The request was for a HROL for a Chevy Small Block. We have reviewed your submission and have provided the information below. We currently provide this information free of charge and hope you will become or stay a loyal customer of Cam Motion. Thanks very much.

RECOMMENDATION
        Grind Number 1502-X2341-13+4
        Duration (intake/exaust) 226/234
        Lift (intake/exaust) .560 (1.6)/.576 (1.6)
        Lobe Center Separation 113
        Intake Centerline 109
        Comments
        Price US$290.00 + SHIPPING

Please advise if you wish to order
        We can ship in as little as three days!

Cam Motion, Inc.
        2092 Dallas Drive
        Baton Rouge, LA 70806

+1 (225) 926-6110
        www.cammotion.com

i actually got a GM performance cam. not quite that big, but bigger than the lt4 hotcam that was in it prior. ill post hp/tq numbers after the cam and my gears are installed.

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
        www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Working...
        X