Fred ... your help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred ... your help please

Well I made a pretty go at getting the water pump and radiator out and back in. Just as I was reconnecting tubes and connectors I realized that the stock one had what looks like a temp sensor (I am assuming), facing the motor, top left, below filler cap. Everything about the Fluidyne fits perfectly and looks great, however it does not have a place for this same sensor. Did you enounter this same issue with your aftermarket? If so what did you do? If not what do you suggest I do? It got real hot here so I will finish up next weekend. I still need to crack the fluid openings you told me about near the motor mounts.

Oh one other thing .. I accidently cracked open the bolt that in retrospect belongs to the radiator/exchanger for the air conditioning. I tightened it back up but it just hissed and hissed no matter how tight I cranked down. Since I am guessing that it IS related to the air conditioning is it something that I need to take to get is resealed?

Thanks for your help...

Jorge
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

The sensor below the fill cap is the low coolant level sensor. If there's no mount for it on the radiator, you can't install it. My Griffin had the mount for it. If you simply unplug the harness connector from the sensor, it will keep it from turning on the "low coolant" light on the dash. Just make sure you check the level frequently.

The A/C condensor is in front of the radiator. Mine has been deleted. I don't know if I still have it or sold it to someone. If I still have it I'll sell it to you for minimal cost. I'm not sure what bolt you are talking about, but if it "hissed" its losing the R134a refrigerant, and needs to be fixed. Not sure if it can be welded or what.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

man ..thanks Fred ....

Just below the radiator cap there is a solid metal tube that comes out from the condensor (left side top) It is welded to the side however the metal tube and its opposing mating surface are fastened together with a bolt. I will take it to have the air conditioning tuned up and the hissing terminated.

I have some green stuff ready and once I relieve the block of fluid I will button it up ... and start the flushing. Being it was 106 today I had to "call no joy" and stop.

Thank you again for your help....its priceless ...
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
      X