305 vs 350?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 305 vs 350?

I just got a swap from a 305 to a 350, so much more power. But how do you know its a 350? it looks the same as a 305? is there any indicators on the engine that tell its is a 350? Or just does the 305 and 350 look alike?

Thanks,

You need to check the casting numbers on your block or heads. Then look up the numbers in a reference like www.mortec.com. Then you'll know if you have a 305 or 350.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

k well I got the numbers, but they don't match any numers on Mortec.com, the #'s are.

CMk11

Are those the right #'s I am looking for, I found them like right under the driver side of the carb.

Comment

those would be on the manifold... you probably want to look on the block itself, or possibly the head.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
          those would be on the manifold... you probably want to look on the block itself, or possibly the head.
          Nah, its not on the Manifold, its like right above the block. Right of the carb.

Comment

If you're looking next to the carb, those numbers are on the intake manifold. You need to look behind the driver side head on the block. number 3 in the diagram. If it's a later year block it may say 5.7L in that location.

edit: just verified that 14057055 is inded a SBC intake manifold.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
            '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
            Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

yea that diagram is a lil odd so just incase ur not sure.... u gotta look right where the bellhousing bolts onto the back of the block.
              1967 Camaro "Project"
              1972 Chevelle "454"
              1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Working...
              X