rocker arms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocker arms

i have a 94 LT1 with 94,000 miles and the mods listed im thinking about crane cams 1.6 self aligning roller rockers can i just take off the factory rockers and put the rollers on ? do i have to worry about springs or clearances ?
    1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

If you get the self aligning ones, they are a direct bolt-on. Also, if they are narrow bodied, then they'll work with your valve covers without modifications. However, I would suggest you get better springs. You will be very close to coil bind on the exhaust side, so I'd recommend you get the LT4 springs at minimum (good for up to .540 lift). They're only about $30 from gmpartsdirect or Dal Slabaugh.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
      If you get the self aligning ones, they are a direct bolt-on. Also, if they are narrow bodied, then they'll work with your valve covers without modifications. However, I would suggest you get better springs. You will be very close to coil bind on the exhaust side, so I'd recommend you get the LT4 springs at minimum (good for up to .540 lift). They're only about $30 from gmpartsdirect or Dal Slabaugh.
      what he said

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

ok, thankyou ! do you think 8lbs is too much boost 4 the set-up i have ? im thinking i will do eather one or the other but i dont know wich one. pulley would deff. be cheeper any advice anyone ?
        1994 Z28 stage 2 intercooled procharger, P-1sc, 6lb pully,42lbfuel injectors,255intank pump,1 3/4headers,highflow cat, borla ajust. cat back,chrome moly LCA,chrome moly ajust. panhard bar, Kenny Brownweld-in subframe conectors, built trans. kevlar lined 2600 stall, kevlar clutches, hardend parts,,built rearend; moser axles, eaton posi, richmond 3.42 gears, rare ROH ZR6 17* 9.5 wheels, custom computer tune with laptop and LT1edit , 380rwhp 395rwtq , 60' 1.71, 1/8th 8.00,1/412.60@109mph

Comment

Working...
        X