70 olds cutlass or 70 buick skylark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 olds cutlass or 70 buick skylark

I'm think of starting a new project. But, I not sure which would be better to do a 70 olds cutlass (442 clone) or 70 buick skylark (GSX clone)?

Please vote for one.

Thank's
    Brian
    2 firebirds are better the 1.

That's a tough decision....

The 442 and GSX both have their places in muscle car history....but there was always something about the GSX that I love.

GSX gets my vote

::EDIT::

I'm not the brightest with computers and was trying to put a picture of a GSX in with my post, but I'll just attach it instead
    Attached Files
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

GSX they look sooooooo much better

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Well..... I had a 442. Red with a white top. Awesome driving car. Voting for either one is essentially voting for the same car... they share the same platform. The Buick 455 is a torque monster, so is the Olds. The Buick is a littl more rare, the Olds should be a little easier to get parts. It' a tossup.

Comment

Yeah... I love both cars for different reasons, even though they are pretty close to being the same car. I just love the look of a yellow GSX with the black hood, along with the tach pertruding from the driver's side cowl. Great car either way.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

While I have nothing against the 442, I'm a Buick man myself. Skylark baby!!
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Buick, those olds engines are stout
              2001 WS6: Black on Black, 6spd, MAF, Relocation brackets, Torque arm, Headers, Borla cat back exhaust / with hollowed out cats, Throttle body, Ls6 intake, Stage 3 heads, NOS, F1 cam, Mosser 12 bolt rear / with 4.10's, etc.

Comment

Would a 1970 olds 350 or buick 350 have more HP & torque?
                2 firebirds are better the 1.

Comment

Get a 455. I know where some are in Kansas.

Comment

Convert a Lemans in a GTO or even a Judge.

More clubs and parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 2firebirds
                      Would a 1970 olds 350 or buick 350 have more HP & torque?
                      Buick's most powerful 350 A-body engine in 1970 was 315/410 (hp/torque)

Olds' was 325/360, but they also had a 310/390.

Not really a significant difference.

Remember the old numbers were gross hp and torque figures-not like today.
                      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Idea...

You can clone it too look like a GN... Then sell it as a GN.

Next thing you know, its on the news with the counterfiet Beetles, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                          Idea...

You can clone it too look like a GN... Then sell it as a GN.

Next thing you know, its on the news with the counterfiet Beetles, lmao.
                          That's counterfeit Mini's

Naw, if you're gonna get a Turbo Regal, esp. a GN, get a Turbo Regal, esp. a GN
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                            That's counterfeit Mini's

Naw, if you're gonna get a Turbo Regal, esp. a GN, get a Turbo Regal, esp. a GN

Haha... yah, your right. I couldnt remember if it was one or the other, but I remember the first time I saw that commercial... Man, did I laugh!

Comment

Working...
                            X