Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heat is stuck on

hey guys
    For a while now it feels as if the heat has been stuck on. However it only blows at the feet and its always on and hot regardless of any of the climate control settings. Ill have it off and you can still feel hot air blowing at my feet. Whats going on here guys?
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

I've also noticed it, right at the pedal area. Im not sure what causes it but im pretty sure its probably normal. Someone else have any ideas?
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Mine does the same thing. Both my cars do actually. I always thought it was heat from the trans and drivetrain. That is right by the engine. It's going to be hot.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Mine does the same as well. Just as raro said, I always figured it was heat coming in from the drivetrain.
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Mine too. I just run the fan on low/cold on the floor

Comment

i figured it was heat being thrown off from the engine and drivetrain too, but its veryyy hot lol wasnt sure if there was a problem
            -Lou -

Comment

Mine does that too, I figured it was probobly just heat from the engine/ drivetrain. Biggest problem I noticed with it is that in the summer time in kinda leaves you with sweaty feet! gross.
              -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
                Mine does that too, I figured it was probobly just heat from the engine/ drivetrain. Biggest problem I noticed with it is that in the summer time in kinda leaves you with sweaty feet! gross.

Sweaty feet, not properly dried... leads to athletes foot.

Interesting things one comes up with when they're bored at work

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                  Sweaty feet, not properly dried... leads to athletes foot.

Interesting things one comes up with when they're bored at work

pee on your feet.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                  Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Have you tested this theory, yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                      Have you tested this theory, yourself?

As long as your lady is not in the shower with you, pee on your feet.
                      It does work, something in pee kills fungus.

And if your wife is in the shower with you, do not, I repeat do not pee on *her* feet. (dont ask me how I know).
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

LOL What an interesting turn this thread has taken
                        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                          LOL What an interesting turn this thread has taken
                          haha agreed!
                          -Lou -

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                            As long as your lady is not in the shower with you, pee on your feet.
                            It does work, something in pee kills fungus.

And if your wife is in the shower with you, do not, I repeat do not pee on *her* feet. (dont ask me how I know).
                            At times, you say you are a "head in the sky feet on the ground conservative" and can talk about serious issues legitimately....

And then at other times....this

LOL
                            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Moises Alou, a baseball player for the Giants, openly admits to peeing on his hands in order to callous them. Yikes.
                              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X