Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need you help on deciding or not to trade 97 Z28 to 94 TA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need you help on deciding or not to trade 97 Z28 to 94 TA?

Hi guys! Should I trade my 1997Z28 with 88k miles to a 1994 TA with 74kmiles.

This would be an even swap. Title for Title.

Here are some pictures to look at. What do you think?

There's is a 94TA and mine is a 97 modelZ28.
    Attached Files
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

I'm not a huge fan of louvers or front-end bras, but if the car is clean, and you can be absolutely certain it was treated well enough, it all comes down to which car you prefer.

Do you know the owner pretty good? Has he had it long? Is there a specific reason he wants to trade it?
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

stay with the camaro

Comment

I too agree that a bra or louvers need to be removed immediately.

As much as I love firebirds (I am quite partial to them ), I would probably stick with the camaro. It only has 14k extra on it...but at least you are 100% sure on what it's been through. It would suck if there was some sort of surprise you weren't expecting a month after you got it. Also, I just bond with my cars. I would have to have a pretty sweet deal that I couldn't pass on to trade my car just like that.

Also, you have a vented opti over the 94's non vented. I myself would prefer to have a vented over a non-vented.

Good luck with the decision
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

If it were me, I'd stay with the Camaro, unless there is something else you don't have on your car like T-tops or different transmission. Be careful of the bra and check under it. They have a tendency to wear the clearcoat if they stay on too long.

The '97+ interior is great, and you have a vented opti and some other nice smaller upgrades to help with reliability. I also love the look of the DRL's. Come to think of it, aside from styling tastes, the only thing I'd like better about the T/A is the stock stereo. Bose is better than Monsoon IMO.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

keep your camaro...
            i love my 95 Z28 but also liked the 95 firehawk so i added that hood.
            now i have the best of both worlds...
            eddie
            1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

absolutely not man, that 97 is so much nicer. That window thing has to go, out with the bra too.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

stay wit the maro, even tho im a bird guy, i much rather have the z28 then the bird becuz the 97 have 285 compared to 275(i think i kno theres a diff) then u get all the nicer upgrades that the 94 dont have. and besides ur car is newer, dont matter how many miles on an old car the seals can still go(we got a customer with a 96 cavailer with 45K on it and it leaks oil outta the pan and the break lines are bout to pop (end story) keep the maro
                2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

absolutely. camaros just look like the factory half way put em together and decied to call it good. sorry, just my opinion. feel free to hate me if you want.

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
                  www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Originally posted by brynnda
                    absolutely. camaros just look like the factory half way put em together and decied to call it good. sorry, just my opinion. feel free to hate me if you want.

I would have to agree on this... Except for those new SS's... I'll admit, those are real sharp!

Comment

Originally posted by LeeS97Z28
                      Hi guys! Should I trade my 1997Z28 with 88k miles to a 1994 TA with 74kmiles.

This would be an even swap. Title for Title.

Here are some pictures to look at. What do you think?

There's is a 94TA and mine is a 97 modelZ28.
                      Post some pictures of your z28

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Post more info. Is it a close friend? What are the trannies in both of them. Have you looked under the bra on the TA? Why are you considering trading, do you like the looks of the TA better?
                        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

yeah we need pics, post pics of both, or ban!!!

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
                          www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Thanks Guys!

I'll get some pictures of my car!

Thanks Lee!
                            Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

In my opinion, I wouldn't do it. You've had your car and know it's use and details as far as mechanical repairs. Add to the fact that yours is newer, I would keep it. There are several things that make parts a little cheaper on the Camaro..... the vented opti for one.

Comment

Working...
                              X