Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever used "Niteshades" on TA Tail lights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever used "Niteshades" on TA Tail lights?

If so, please post here with some pointers. I bought an extra set of tail-lights to try out with nite shades. I also want to clear coat them & polish them up....

If anyone has done this or has any pics, please post here!! I'd like to get a good idea of what to do & what it will look like before I start.

Thanks!
    1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
    370 RWHP / 352 TQ
    CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

you have to be very carefull with stuff like that. check your local laws. thats an invitation to get pulled over.

plus....... its an invitation to get "rear ended".....

im not a fan of tailight blackouts, unless they are for show and you take them off before driving.... not worth the risk, and dont really "turn that many heads".

just my 2 centavos...

as usual...

LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

When the stuff first came on the market about 25 years ago, I tried it. It does work but there are problems. It seriously cuts down on the light transmission through the lens. Basically, people have a hard time telling the difference between tail lights and stop lights. In retrospect, it looked cool but I consider it to be dangerous as heck as your tail lights are an imnportant saftey feature that keeps other people from rear ending you. And yes, I was rear ended and won't use it again.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        you have to be very carefull with stuff like that. check your local laws. thats an invitation to get pulled over.

plus....... its an invitation to get "rear ended".....

im not a fan of tailight blackouts, unless they are for show and you take them off before driving.... not worth the risk, and dont really "turn that many heads".

just my 2 centavos...

as usual...

LOL

Good words of advice. I plan on using it mainly for show... I bought an extra set of tail lights to try it out on.... So I guess this niteshade stuff is not at "transparent" as it claims??
        370 RWHP / 352 TQ
        CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

Comment

I've got a set for the back lights, and would have to say they're very easy to see at night, and not that bad in the day. Of course if I go on the highway or somewhere far I take them off. Cops have also followed me and I thought for sure in my county I would have been warned/ticketed. I do feel afraid of being rear ended sometimes though.
          1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by blackthunder50
            I've got a set for the back lights, and would have to say they're very easy to see at night, and not that bad in the day. Of course if I go on the highway or somewhere far I take them off. Cops have also followed me and I thought for sure in my county I would have been warned/ticketed. I do feel afraid of being rear ended sometimes though.
            Wow yours look nice .. could you explain the process of how you did that??
            Sanding, buffing, polishing, clear coat? Etc... Thanks!!
            370 RWHP / 352 TQ

Comment

Originally posted by shadyphi
              Wow yours look nice .. could you explain the process of how you did that??
              Sanding, buffing, polishing, clear coat? Etc... Thanks!!
              As far as my paint, its all original. The car currently has 90,000 miles and the clear coat is still very nice. I usually use the Meguiars cleaner wax 6, then the showcar glaze 7, and then the carnuba yellow wax. It really brings out the shine in the paint. After that I'll just give it a nice wash when it starts getting dark and cool to keep it out of strong sunlight.

If you go with the blackouts you will probably have to loosen your rear tail lamps to properly fit the covers into place. I had to do this with mine and they fit perfectly now. Goodluck
              1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by blackthunder50
                As far as my paint, its all original. The car currently has 90,000 miles and the clear coat is still very nice. I usually use the Meguiars cleaner wax 6, then the showcar glaze 7, and then the carnuba yellow wax. It really brings out the shine in the paint. After that I'll just give it a nice wash when it starts getting dark and cool to keep it out of strong sunlight.

If you go with the blackouts you will probably have to loosen your rear tail lamps to properly fit the covers into place. I had to do this with mine and they fit perfectly now. Goodluck
                I think we are talking apples and oranges. I am talking about "niteshades" transparent paint that you spray on the tail-lights. I think purchased black plastic blackout covers.....
                370 RWHP / 352 TQ

Comment

Working...
                X